The Invitation

Elise James, Sub-Leader of Jam Republic POV:

"Thanks for tonight guys- Do tell me when we are going to have our party. I really need a break," I told them and they were all riding the van back to their apartments.

Kirsten rolls down her window and then screams, "Will do, Elise! See you around!"

Yes, I am a dancer but I am still a student. Trust me. Balancing passion with this degree of mine is definitely difficult. I do not know how I am still alive but I am sure that with all this competition all over, I think I can pull this off. On my way home, I saw a message from my mom about the school that I was in my country and apparently, the school was burned down as an accident.

With the language barrier I am experiencing here in Korea and having the biggest target to go back to New York, Mom wanted me to stay here and find an international school to get myself into. Walking into my apartment, I slammed my body on the couch, pulled out my phone, and then looked for good schools to be in.

Searching through the web, in the back of my head, was the performance Bada did a while ago. I could not take my eyes off of her. Do you think that I was bringing my A-game and being serious out there? I was trying to mask the feeling of suffocation and desperation. The way she moved her hips and the way she stared into my soul- just weakened me. As I saw this school, a pop-up message appeared. It was from her.

badalee___: I could not thank you enough for today! I just can't stop thinking about your performance a while ago.

I got my attention diverted right away. I went ahead and clicked on her Instagram message. For heaven's sake. She was already following me and I did not even have the actual fucking guts to follow her back. I clicked the follow button and then went back to the actual message.

elise_james: Said the one who did not shake the floor. I could not even stop thinking about your dance, too. You are one great and effective dancer! I admire you so much!

badalee___: coming from you? Thank you so much! I will have to sleep early cause I also have school tomorrow. Back to regular programming it is. 😤

elise_james: sure sure! Sleep well and hopefully, see you around.

There is this sense of comfort that you get from her. As I was about to turn off my phone, my head choreographer messaged our group chat, Kirsten, saying that there will be rehearsals this weekend so that takes away any plans. Then, mom messaged me that she has settled all the things in the school I have to be in.

All I have to do is show up and see what we can do about this new journey.

______________________________________________________________________

Everyone was looking at me. Not even understanding what they were saying, it was a mixture of points, gossips, and here and there rumors. I felt like such an outcast, until someone came up to me and tried as for a selfie with me. This is Elise from JAM REPUBLIC!

And that is when they realized it was me. Everyone were pulling out there phones, taking videos and pictures of me. I didn't know how to behave because I don't usually get this much attention because when I was in New York, people would just stare at me and be intimidated. This was a whole new world to me.

"Elise! Elise!" There was a different scream. It seemed so distinctive.

Amidst the huge crowd, her slim fingers made me remember. I looked up and Bada was trying to pull me out of the crowd. When I got out, they noticed Bada and everyone behaved. No one even dared to approach her and asked for a picture. They were afraid of her.

"Why are you here?" Bada asked as she placed her arm on my shoulder. "Did you miss me? Just kidding."

"Sure. Good joke, Bada," I replied, trying to hide that strong feeling inside. "Mom placed me here to finish my subjects. I do have 2 more subjects to complete and I'm done with college. You- please don't tell me you're-"

"Yep. Same school, " Bada stops and adorably smiles, making her eyes disappear. "I guess I get to see you everyday, huh."

Definitely. I nodded and then she smiled even more. Pulling out my phone, she looked closely to my class schedule. With her height, she moved her figure down, bowing down to my phone and see where my classroom was. Her beautiful hair shined and her pale skin... she was just perfect. The scent she has too, it makes you draw to her even more.

Then. Bada retreats and points,"Our classrooms our the same and for one of your subjects, we will be classmates. The room at the very end, that's for your Art Appreciation class. And for movement, wait for me outside of that classroom cause we will go there together."

"Oh, okay. Thanks," I replied. "UHM, thanks... or, thank you. You are such a great help."

The bell rings and then I had to rush in to the room. All the students rushed into the room and then I got myself into the corner seat- where no one would notice me. I sat down and the teacher comes in, showing no interest. I knew that this subject would be a bummer. He started speaking and then the pacing of his words made me sleepy.

Trying my absolute best to stay up, my phone buzzed, waking me up. Bada messaged me.

badalee___: how is mister Kim? he is not the man.

elise_james: definitely. I feel like sleeping in his class.

badalee___: we could at least skipped our first classes. My teacher here, ugh. Talks about culture and how we losing it- how we are immediately adapting to American culture. It's not your fault, at all.

elise_james: Not my fault? You are calling me American HAHA. You haven't done your homework, Miss Lee. With all of the people, I thought you would know most about me.

badalee___: REALLY? I would rather have you as an assignment.

Her message got me stumped. I looked up, side to side, making sure that no one is reading this. What did she mean that she wanted me as her assignment? Do I look like a problem or what? But knowing Bada and her nature, I don't know if she is taking the insulting approach.

elise_james: Do me? As an assignment?

badalee___: ahhh shit. I mean, have you as a topic for assignment. Sorry, English is bad.

There she explained her side. I didn't want to overthink that she was interested me. How bad could it possibly be? Shit. Mr. Kim rights down some notes and then presented his PowerPoint. I went ahead and took a picture of it and then went back to our chat.

badalee___: Have you eaten breakfast? Can we eat?

elise_james: We? You don't really have to be with me all the time because I'm new here. I can adjust. And why no breakfast? That's bad.

badalee___: Oh... I was late and in a rush then I saw you in hallway. I don't have friends either. They left me after all the Street Woman thing. At least we have for each other right? And maybe, we can talk, chat, while we eat.

elise_james: Chat I can do. I don't eat much. I'm doing good.

badalee___: not doing that with me. You eat and I'll make sure to feed you. Im sure you can't say no to me.

Dominance over me? Miss Bada. What is this?