Wild Side

Bada Lee POV:

She rarely eats and when I tell you she is one hard-headed girl, she is. Elise was just there sitting in front of me, looking out and checking out some greenery from the trees. I tapped on her hand and offered her some of my lunch and all I could get from her was, "It is okay. I am full."

Elise puts on her headphones and then looks down, vibing to the music she is listening to. I sometimes wonder what goes into her head and what makes her the Elise that everyone knows. She does keep that very serious facade to everyone but I was not expecting it to be this serious. I thought what I was seeing on the dance floor was her game face on. It was her.

"Do you ever eat kimchi?" I asked her and then I assumed that her volume was at her highest because she did not hear what I said. Waving my hands right in front of her, she noticed me. She looked at me with the look 'you said something' and I asked her again. "Do you eat kimchi?"

She pauses her music and lets the headphones hang around her neck. "Sorry. Uhm, well I do-"

As soon as she said she did, I brought the chopsticks closer to her with some kimchi and then waited for her to open her mouth. "Movement is our next class. You can't just simply say that you won't eat because you're full."

Elise looked at it and then attempted to get the chopsticks off my hand but I insisted. I fed her and then she started chewing on the vegetable. I pushed my plate towards her and then we shared lunch. Elise went ahead and took the sausages while I started to chew some of the fruits and vegetables at the side.

Looking at her, she is quiet. It was like looking into a mirror but she is more beautiful than me.

Anyways. She thanked me for the meal that I offered her and as she was wiping the oils from the sausage, I had to formulate a question in my head. "So. Dancing. Where did it start?"

"You are a woman who likes asking questions. Is Miss Lee going to research the dancer/ choreographer, Elise James?" She leaned close to me with a cheeky smile.

"You have to try hard to make me shut up. I ask questions if they interest me. Is it wrong, Miss James?" I replied and then she froze, then made her retreat to her position.

Elise wiped her mouth and cleared her throat while I was distracting myself as I was wearing my beanie. "Dancing- I did not even like it when I was a child. My mother forced me to be active and here we are. I wanted to do so many things but after what happened, I lost interest and dancing was the only thing keeping me sane. I learned to love it, I guess..."

If you could see her perform, it is not just mere dancing or movement. Elise is one of the choreographers who knows how to interpret and translate the words and feel of a song into a masterpiece. I looked at her and then the silence says it all. I wanted to ask her what happened and I did- but she did not listen to me but decided to stand up and say.

"Can we go to movement class now? I am excited," she said it in the most bland way possible.

_____________________________________________________

We were the first ones to enter the dance hall and I got myself changed to a loose shirt and baggy jeans. As I was sitting on the wooden floor, in an attempt to wear my hat, Elise came in with a loose shirt with the end tucked under her garment. The curves of her body were seen and her skin got me all frozen.

That gave me a better reason to wear a cap. I wore it and looking at the mirror, Elise was looking back at me with some look. "Do not tell me that the effect of the kimchi is still kicking you, Bada. Why are you so red?"

She just came in and then I blushed. "Nothing. Just had to slap myself to wake up."

Elise nodded in some discernment and then looked back at the mirror. When she was satisfied with what she saw, she sat next to me and turned on her cell phone. She looks through Instagram and TikTok. Since she was not talking to me, I went ahead and pulled out my phone to send her a message.

badalee__: Maybe a smile would be great. You seem sad 🙁

Upon seeing the message, there was a sudden change of mood. A sly smile was seen and that made me really happy. She has one great smile and I just want her to appreciate it even more.

elise_james: sure. If that is going to shut your pretty mouth, Bada😏

That made me giggle. We just had the dance hall for ourselves for a couple of minutes and then the other students came into class, with the teacher following behind. We stood up and acknowledged her presence and then we sat back down. Everyone was sitting on one side of the room, while me and Elise was sitting on the opposite.

I can feel their eyes on me and surely on Elise- she is a show-stopper.

"Okay, hello. I do not want to waste time so I want to start off with a duo," the teacher says. "A song will be played and I want you guys to connect to one another. Dance is a language itself and this activity will prove the way you adapt to anyone... So... Can we have Lee Bada and Elise?"

As we stood up, I heard a mixture of reactions. Some were surprised, some were not happy. For sure miss has seen Street Woman Fighter. Watch and listen to her given the best comments about their performance and with us, mediocre.

"Wild Side by Normani," the teacher says, and then a hum from Elise is heard. I have choreographed a dance for this song so it was not much of a pressure.

The beat of the song starts. I started pushing the hat down to my face, hiding my face, and then while I was moving my hips left to right, leaning back slowly moving into a body roll, and extending my arms out to create shapes, Elise stood in front of me and blended in.

 I started pushing the hat down to my face, hiding my face, and then while I was moving my hips left to right, leaning back slowly moving into a body roll, and extending my arms out to create shapes, Elise stood in front of me and blended in

We can't just keep talkin' about it
We think too often about it
We can't just be cautious about it
I wanna get wild

Her hands went under my shirt, moving from side to side, and kneeling down. Elise leans back on her knees and rolls her body to the rhythm. Reaching my hand out to her, she tilts her head back and then starts creating the most sultry movements. For the last move, my body on the ground, and her on top of me.

Take me for a ride, boy
Show me your wild side, boy
Know it's been a while, boy
I wanna get wild

"Oh wow. Well, that is chemistry," the teacher speaks.

My chest felt the pressure, wanting to catch my breathe- while I had a view of her on top of me. As I heard applause, she got off of me and offered a hand for me to stand up. We both bowed and when that was happening, I was trying to clear the picture out of my head.

"I knew you were going to do your choreography," Elise speaks. "It is my favorite."

"Thank you, Elise. It was nice to dance with you for the first time... I was just overwhelmed-"

Elise gets closer to me. "To have me on top of you? I am sure you will get used to it- or maybe want to see me in that same position, right?"