Rejection

Together we walked towards our border to the meeting point Alex decided through the mind link with alpha Gonzalo. As an alpha he could talk directly to him through mind link. Alphas had this ability, they could telepath with other alpha's without requiring them to be their pack members. Even through great distances.

"Unless they block other alpha's link. Like he did ours." Dew added getting more angry by the seconds as we got closer. "He hurt us deeply and he's the cause of your nightmares." She frowned.

"Calm down Dew. Don't cause a scene there. We can't alert Alex or dad. They can't know that he's our mate or all hell will break loose." I reminded her and she calmed down slightly, still on edge.

I didn't want to face him at all or to relive horrible past events associated with him. I was afraid he would hurt Alex or our pack. What if he decides to attack our pack and murder my family. I shivered at that thought. Even just the thought of my family being hurt, hurts. He could do that in a whim. Given his reputation and he proved that through his actions right before my eyes.

Alex was wearing crisp black shirt with black jeans. His sleeves rolled up showing his muscular veiny forearms. I changed as well wearing black jeans and crème crop shirt. My hair sat straight on my back. They flew lightly as wind passed by.

We reached the clearing located a bit far from our pack, first thing I noticed was his battalion of warriors. I was immediately on high alert. My body tensed and my face went void of any emotion. Alex too clenched his jaw and fists. He instructed our warriors through mind link to be on high alert and ready for action if he makes a move. His back was facing us. His bulging muscles rolled with even the slightest movement. He was easily the size of three muscular build combined. He towered over his warriors like a giant. He stood tall his arms crossed making his tough hard muscles double in mass. He wore a black tee, which hardly fit him due to his gigantic form, paired with black pants. Danger and power radiated off him in waves.

I can't deny I felt attraction towards him. He was my mate and I was supposed to feel attracted. My jaw clenched when I remembered his rejection, feeling a pang of pain in my heart. I gritted my teeth. Suddenly his muscles tensed and he whipped around, his eyes met mine. But I quickly looked away. I noticed from the corner of my eye that he quickly scanned my body. I frowned. He kept a straight face. Thankfully Alex didn't notice this. His face was hard and his fists clenched. His sleeves were rolled up. His muscles were tensed and I could see their bulging form right through his shirt. He stood tall easily the size of three of me combined. Power and authority oozed out of him. Intimidating everyone in his presence. He mind linked the alpha whose eyes were now fixed on Alex's. They had a telepathic communication. It all happened in seconds. I waited till they finished.

Suddenly a strong pain hit my chest. And I visibly tensed clenching my jaw, I gritted my teeth. Quickly I concentrated on my now short breath, trying to distract my mind. My breath came out in short pants and I momentarily closed my eyes. Alex noticed this and asked me what was wrong through the mind link. I just shook my head and kept my stance, and head held high. Alex put a hand on my waist silently supporting my body and rubbing soothing circles. Throughout the corner of my eyes, I noticed my mates eyes on me. His jaw clenched, his eyes hard. It look as though he wanted to step towards me. The pain subsided in the next few second. Suddenly he spun around and made way towards the woods speechlessly. He stopped halfway, his head tilted towards my direction slightly. And he resumed. His warriors made a move towards us. I quickly stood in a defensive position. Alex rubbed my arm and explained to me.

"it's ok dewdrop. They will be patrolling our borders. Alpha Gonzalo wanted to offer his warriors. He captured a rogue lurking around his borders and seeking we were attacked just a few days ago, he offered help. Saying it seemed that our pack was their target." He gently explained to me through our mind link.