welcome home

"Put it back, dad, put the money back."

"Or what? You'll get your pussy boyfriend to beat me up?"

"Get the hell out of my house." My father, who I called Richard more than dad, often had run ins with my family. He would come looking for money and then he would leave with it all. My mom never had the guts to stand up for us, when she was here, so it was always up to me and my siblings to handle Richard.

"Your house?" He asked, scoffing loudly. "Do you even know who pays the bills?"

"Yes! I pay the bills! Jonah pays the bills, Tony pays the bills, and that is my money that I got to feed this family, so put it back. Or I'm calling the police." Tears burned at my eyes as I shook silently. I was so scared of my father. And he just watched me crumble, amused.

"Tony, call the police," my brother raised a shaky hand to the phone on the wall.

"If you touch that phone, son, I will personally break your hand."

"Tony, don't listen, call the police."

Tony turned to me, nervous. "Gracie maybe this isn't-"

"Call the police, Tony! I can handle Richard."

A knock came at the door and everybody looked at it, confused. "So now you bring friends along to rob this family?" Jonah asked, frowning at Richard. Jonah walked over to the door and opened it, and there stood Shawn.

"I heard yelling." Shawn stated, waltzing into our home before meeting the eyes of my father.

"Shawn, go home-"

"Oh, here's the boyfriend here to save the day! How sweet of him, Gracie, your prince charming!"

"He's not my boyfriend, Richard, now put the money back or I'm really going to call the police."

"You don't have the balls."

"Watch me," I reached to the phone and typed in 911. Someone immediately picked up. "Hi, a strange man is-" it all happened so fast- my father came running towards me, slapping the home phone out of my hand so it slammed all over the kitchen tiles. And then Shawn went running for my father, and the two of them engrossed in a fight.

"Richard, let Shawn go, you're gonna hurt him!" My screaming was drowned out in the crowd as Tony and Jonah attempted to yank my father off of my best friend. They were both throwing punches, but it was when Shawn got hit square in the face I really snapped.

"Enough! Both of you, stop it!"

And the fighting seized at the sound of my screeching and loud cries. "Get out Richard, you don't belong here. This is my house and nobody wants you here. I mean it this time, get the fuck out!" I was surprised when Richard dropped the money from the family's secret stash and eyed me up and down, then turning to Shawn to do the same.

Then Richard left.

I looked to Shawn and frowned at how bad his nose looked, quickly wiping away my tears with the back of my hand. "You guys, it's late, go upstairs and brush your teeth." None of my siblings argued with me, and I watched one by one as they went up the stairs.

I walked over to where Shawn was sitting at the kitchen counter. I tilted his chin up towards me, so I could get a clearer view of his injury. Then I grabbed the first aid kit from under the sink and set it down next to my bloodied best friend.

"You should've gone home," I murmured.

"And what? Let him hurt you and your siblings?"

"I'd rather be the one hurt."

Shawn scoffed. "I still don't know why you wear his jacket religiously. He's an ass." I ignored his continuous banter as I cleaned the blood out of Shawn's nose. His eyes suddenly met my own and he said: "You're beautiful."

To which I chuckled and replied, "what a load of bull." He only ignored my pessimistic comment and held his index finger to my lash line, gently wiping away at any remaining tears. I cleaned my best friend up in silence, and when I finished I said: "There. All better."

Shawn murmured a soft, "thanks," and rose to his feet as I packed away the first aid kit. I turned back to him with my hand on my forehead and disappointment soaked in my words: "Don't do anything that stupid ever again, okay? You know how Richard can be. He could've killed you, and we both know I'm serious."

"Hey, he didn't kill me. I'm fine, see?" Shawn tugged at his hoodie, smiling down at me as I walked toward him, my arms crossed. "I wouldn't have let him kill me anyway." He said cockily, rubbing at the nape of his neck but so obviously showing off his muscles.

I chuckled: "The day my father kills you is the day I kill him."

this chapter sucks but double update you're welcome

ok so i think shacie is a thing now? lol

uhhhh comment your favorite part in this story so far

love u guys

peace out homies