Chapter 8: The Write-Up - Where The Real Sale Starts

Look, if you've made it this far into the process with a customer, it means you've already laid down a strong foundation of rapport, trust, and understanding. But let's not get too comfortable. The Write-Up stage is where the rubber meets the road. This is where you've got to be as transparent as possible, and your persuasive skills need to shine.

When you're sitting down to write up the deal, the first thing you should do is get all the paperwork in order. Dot your i's and cross your t's. Mistakes at this stage could be detrimental to closing the deal. Don't rush it; take your time and ensure every detail is correct.

The next part? That's getting into the nitty-gritty of the numbers. You've got your customer's trade evaluation, you know what vehicle they're interested in, and now it's about making those numbers work. Be transparent about fees, what's negotiable and what's not. This builds trust, and let's be real, nobody likes last-minute surprises.

In the modern age of selling, customers are coming in more educated than ever, and that's a good thing. It levels the playing field and allows for a smoother transaction. Don't shy away from this. Embrace it and use it as an opportunity to further demonstrate your knowledge and professionalism.

And remember, it's not just about you and the customer. You've got a whole team behind you: finance managers, sales managers, service techs and so forth. Keep them in the loop. Transparency within the team is just as important because, trust me, the more your team knows, the better they can assist you in closing the deal.

The Write-Up stage is also a critical moment to revalidate the customer's choice, reassure them that they're making a sound decision, and that you'll be there to assist them every step of the way, even after the sale.

To close this chapter, understand that the Write-Up is not just a formality. It's an essential part of the process that requires as much skill, care, and attention as the initial Meet and Greet or the Fact Find. If you've nailed the earlier steps, you've set yourself up for success here. But, this is your moment to cross the finish line strong. Make it count.