First Mission

Clearly you didn't pay attention to what Shoko was telling you the other day when she asked if you wanted her to ask Gojo if he could give you some lessons on how to use your cursed technique (when he himself doesn't know what to do with it), because when you, Maki, Panda, Yuta and Toge were sneaking into Gojo's office, Gojo himself was looking for you when Shoko asked him about it. Yeah, safe to say he wasn't too pleased to find his students rummaging through his shit.

Obviously, there's consequences from that, and those are taking lessons from Gojo every day for the next two weeks- now you wish you went back to do that punch practice.

"This is too tiring," you complain as you get up from the ground. Gojo has you kicking and punching a punching bag for hours since you woke up this morning (which was at four) as part of his personal training.

"If you're gonna be personally trained under the strongest, you gotta be trained under the strongest conditions," he chirps from the other side of the room. You'd think by now that he'd let up on that whole sneaking in situation from the way he sounds, but really he's still super pissed off about it. After he's done with you he's gonna sniff out who broke through all five of his locks, though it was only five people, so he doesn't have much to do.

You still get up, shuffling over to the punching bag to slug it one more time like Maki taught you to- thank god she did that, the two weeks that Gojo's keeping you would've turned into a month. "Strongest conditions my ass," you grumble as you throw a hook then kick the punching bag on the side. Gojo grins as he watches you strain yourself to do those 1,000 punches and kicks, individually. "How is doing 1,000 kicks and punches training under the strongest conditions?"

"When you kick and punch that many times, you develop reflexes and muscle memory. Knowing how to do those things correctly is gonna be useful for the other things I'm about to teach you as well." Gojo said with an even more shit-eating grin than Panda could ever muster. You frown as you count the last kick, "I'm finished, fucking finally."

"You missed 11 numbers," Gojo simply commented. You frowned and whipped your head around to face him with the most furious look he's ever seen. He chuckles, watching you stomp over to him and attempt to grab him by his shirt, only to stop midway.

"What the hell?!"

"That's my Infinity, which is exactly why I'm making you kick and punch that many times."

"What's Infinity?"

"It's the Infinite space between people and everything- my cursed technique only brings it out more."

"That's stupid, if everyone has that thing then everyone would be invincible."

"And not everyone has a cursed technique, so there you have it," Gojo grinned as he miraculously turned off his Infinity and caught your fist just before it reached his cheek. "It's also adjustable,"

"Really?" you ask, mindlessly tugging your fist away from his grasp. He lets it go, watching you stumble back a bit with a dry laugh. "Yeah, anyways I'm gonna teach you how to fight, and no I'm not gonna bore you to death like Maki did. There's a lot more to a fight than punching and kicking."

"That's clearly not what she thinks," you mumble under your breath, sitting down on the mat as Gojo pulls out some whiteboard with a few markers on it.

"Now that y'know how to punch and kick, you gotta work on how to use it- better yet, which situation would each skill be better to use, punching or kicking? It's simple, no skill is better than the other. You can freely use punching or kicking whenever you'd like!"

"So I can use it to kick your ass?"

"There are limitations too," Gojo grumbled before he turned to the whiteboard and started drawing something. "Now, when you're fighting a curse, you should be able to tell what grade level it is before you go runnin' in. You don't wanna rush in as a second grade sorcerer against a first grade curse."