Smoke

The humid climate of summer stuck to your skin like tape; moving around in the coat of sweat was uncomfortable beyond imagine. Gojo had this miraculous idea to send everyone- you, Maki, Toge and Panda- on a mission in this excruciating heat. Maki was the only one who didn't complain, the rest of you put in the useless effort to make someone else do it. Gojo said only you four could do it, since the third years got themselves suspended and the first years were going through something. (Panda heard somewhere that one of them died)

The fight against the curse was unbelievable. The June summer heat sucked all the sweat out of your body and practically turned all four of you into raisins by the time you were done- thank god you're a special grade, the fight would've taken so much more effort without your abilities.

"Well...that fight could've gone worse," Panda commented as he scratched the back of his head with his paw. "Without Y/n we probably would've failed miserably."

"Which reminds me, why am I the one who's stuck carrying every mission the four of us go on?! Why am I forced to do all the work?!" Since the others (minus Yuta) were almost getting nowhere, they started making you do everything for them, to raise their progress. Panda is the one who comes up with things for you to do, Maki's simply the messenger. You always oblige, since it's her who's asking- anyone else and you would royally refuse. And she always rewards you with a private kiss afterwards, which makes the effort worthwhile.

"Because you're the strongest out of us four! It's nice having a chaperone with us!" Panda exclaimed with a grin as he looked at you. You scoffed, rolling your eyes as you wiped your forehead off with your arm and looking back down to find sweat on your sleeve.

"Jeez...unbelievable, you're all making me slave around in this incinerating heat," you click your tongue, frowning as you shove your hands into your pockets. Maki nudges your arm slightly, "The hard work is worth it though."

"My ass," you retort, glaring at her as your cheeks heat up at the suggestion. 9 times out of 10 the singular private kiss turns heated before Panda and Toge are questioning what you two are doing that's taking so long.

The rest of the walk back to the main entrance was silent, with the exception of one of you clearing your throats and then more silence. Birds were chirping, bugs were buzzing and the sun was shining cruelly down on the four of you, unreasonably punishing you with blasting heat that was uncomfortable enough to make you melt if the trees weren't helping a little bit.

Eventually you four reached the main entrance, and saw two kids sitting on the steps looking like they saw a ghost.

"What's this?" Maki asks as she steps foot in front of them, looking down at the two of them with a lifted brow. "You look more depressed then usual, Megumi. You and that other girl look like shit. This a wake or something?"

"Zen'in-senpai, Hatake-senpai, what're you doing here?" A boy with spiky dark hair asked as he looked up, seeing Maki standing there with you next to her. His eyes glanced between you and Maki before looking at Panda and Toge in the background.

"Don't call me by my last name!"

"Maki, Maaaaakii!" Panda yelled from hiding behind a statue to get away from get away from the heat. Maki whipped around to look at him with a stern frown on her face. "I'm talking here!"

"You seriously don't know why they're so down?!" Panda questioned with a confused frown. Maki lifted a brow, not sparing a glance at the two first years muttering to each other behind her.

"Someone really did die yesterday! One of the first years!"

"Okaka."

"Good going," you nudged her shoulder, teasing her with a smirk. She returned your tease with a hard punch to your shoulder, earning a grunt from you. "You didn't have to hit that hard!"