Chapter 20 - Leah

You Are In Love

"Thanks, Leah. I'll see you out at training later."

I had been in a meeting with Sarina for a little over an hour. I loved Sarina, but god did I hate meetings. We were discussing the upcoming game against Korea we'd be having and how the team bubble was.

I was glad it was over though. I made my way to the lobby where most of the girls were. Alessia and Tooney were giggling about something on Tooney's phone. Millie, Rachel, Chloe, and Jordan were all playing a video game on the PS down here. Some of the girls were chatting in a group, on their phones, even snacking. I sat down next to Georgia and Keira.

"Good meeting?" Keira asked.

"I don't even want to talk about it. I hate those things." I pulled my phone from my pocket. "Are we all just hanging around here until movie night?"

"I think so." My phone lit up. "Ooh, it's your girlfriend." Georgia nudged me.

"You're annoying." I looked down. I'm so bored. I laughed to myself. "Everyone's on international break and she's stuck at home."

"Still not called into the American squad yet?" Keira looked at me.

"No. Not until February."

"Is she coming to the game tomorrow?"

"She talked about it, but no." I looked back to my phone and responded. If it makes you feel better, I wish I were with you. "I'm gonna go call her. I do feel bad she's alone."

"Do you feel bad or are you worried she's drinking?" I sighed. "Leah, I'm just worried about you going back to her. She hurt you."

"She's different now. She is."

"I think Leah's right." Georgia said. "But I see Keira's point. I'd worry too."

"She's fine." I got up. "I'll be back." I walked out of the room and sat in an empty conference room. I facetimed her and waited for her answer, which only took a few seconds. "Hey, Dans."

"Hi you." She smiled. I saw the necklace around her neck.

"What are you up to?"

"Laying around doing nothing with my life. Everything is so boring."

"Well, at least this is the last game before Christmas." I could see a shift in her eyes. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know." She sighed. "Nothing really."

"Christmas?" She shrugged. "What'd you do last year?"

"I spent it alone. In my apartment in Utah."

"Not with Christen or—"

"Christen and Tobin were in Los Angeles. Kelley was in Georgia. So, I just watched movies, drank, and yeah...nothing."

"That's not happening this year."

"Yeah well, Katie will be in Ireland."

"Dani, you're coming with me. Don't be silly."

"I can't. Your family—"

"My family has forgiven you. They've seen you then and they see you now."

"I...I don't know, Le."

"I'll talk to my mum tomorrow, alright? I'll record her saying you're welcome if that means you'll spend Christmas with your girlfriend and the family."