04

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

「 ❀˚. 📓₊˚.༄ 」

DEAR DIARY,

This probably isn't what a 21-year-old should be doing, but honestly, I don't really care. And just to be clear, let's pretend it's not a diary, even though I totally wrote 'dear diary' at the top.

So, to cut to the chase, I'm feeling a bit lost lately. I don't know if it's because Dad's not here or if it's because everyone's moved on, and I haven't. I might be overreacting, but hey, that's life, right? Off to bed now.

Sakura ❀

•••

A RANDOM HOTEL SOMEWHERE
11:26 PM

"Hhm, so you say she's your daughter? Am I correct in assuming that, Mr Yagami?" L asks the Head Chief of the police not taking his eyes away from the cameras he's watching.

"Yes, She's been away for quite sometime." Sakura's father responds to the hunched over man. The man hums lowly.

"I see," he murmurs, his thumb poised thoughtfully against his lip. "And she has assisted with investigations before, much like your son, correct?" Her father nods in affirmation.

"Correct."

L remains fixated on the screens, his primary attention focused on the live feed from the chief's daughter's bedroom.

•••

"Sakura," She hears a faint knock rattling her bedroom door, making her slowly sit up in her bed and look at the clock. 11:39 am.

"Huh.. what? I didn't realise the time—" The person knocking enters the room, it's Sakura's mother.

"It's your father, he wants to say hi to you." She smiles at her first born daughter and hands her the landline phone of the Yagami household.

"Dad?" She puts the phone up to her ear and listens for a response.

"Sakura, honey?" He sounds surprised on the other end of the phone.

"Daddy! I miss you." She tells him like an excited child, slightly tearing up.

"I miss you very much too, honey. I can't talk for long because I'm very busy at the moment, but I just wanted to phone and say I'm thinking of you and I promise that I'll be with you before you know it!" He tells his eldest daughter enthusiastically through the other end of the low quality phone.

𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐌𝐄 | l lawlietOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara