Chapter 4-Wolf sees Hope in a different light

Hope finally fell asleep with a mixture of pleasant but very erotic thoughts about her savior who rides a motorbike. She had decided that he was a very handsome man that she would like to get to know a whole lot better, in more ways than one.

When he had first pulled up to the cabin that first morning, she had been frightened as she had watched him. She couldn't explain the strange feeling of being drawn to him any better now than she could have then.

He is so tall! She guessed him to be at least 6'6". His chest and shoulders would be wider than the length of her body. His arms were almost as big as her thighs and his thighs looked to be bigger than her waist. Those things she found rather intimidating but it was his face and that beautiful long black hair that drew her attention the most. Right now it hung down his back in a long rope braid but she couldn't help but wonder what it would look like loose and blowing in the wind. Or curtained around their faces if he were on top of her.

Hope could tell he was definitely at least part American Indian and tried to come up with an actor that his face looked like and granted she didn't know the names of many Indian actors, but the closest she could come was Adam Beach when he played in A Warrior's Tale. She had always found him attractive but this man was much more muscular, his face not as angular and in her opinion, Drew was much more handsome.

When she had first come upon the cabin, she had assumed that it was abandoned and that no one lived here because of the sagging porch, dirty windows and overall unused look. She had been hoping to break into the cabin and hopefully find something to eat but just as she had stepped out of the woods, she had heard his bike coming so she had run and hid again, while watching to see who it was.

He seemed to be able to sense that she was watching and that scared her so she abandoned her hiding place and ran back into the woods. Unfortunately she almost ran smack into the hunters again. Thankfully, she had seen them before they saw her and she had managed to hide again.

Hope had spent the rest of the day trying to find a way to get around them without being seen but the only way to do that would have been to go through the thick undergrowth. The hunters had on long pants and jackets to protect their legs, arms and upper body and heavy boots. All she had on was jean shorts that came almost to her knee and a thin t-shirt and some Nike sneakers. She would have gotten all scratched up if she had tried to cut through the heavy overgrowth under the trees. But what she was even more afraid of was that she might step on a snake or run into a Black Widow spiders web. She had seen their webs in the bushes when she had been running. Hope hated spiders!

When it got close to dark, she heard the hunters settling in for the night and smelled their camp fire. She couldn't take another night of smelling their food cooking so she headed back towards where she thought the lake was. It was starting to get dark and she knew she needed to find somewhere to hide for the night soon. It was too dangerous to go stumbling around in the dark out here.

She'd found a large hollow log and after checking that there were no snakes in it she had crawled in and tried to get some sleep but a fear of snakes, the hunters and the many wild animals that inhabited the woods meant she didn't get much in the way of a restful sleep as every small sound had her up and on alert all night long.

At least she had been able to find a place out of the wind tonight. Last night in that tree she had finally managed to climb, she had been so cold. She had been dressed for hiking during the day, not intending to spend the night on the mountain so the shorts she had on, while decent, did not cover all of her legs and the t-shirt she had on had been chosen so that she would not overheat while they hiked and it did nothing to keep her warm at night. Half way through the night, she had finally given in and climbed back down to hide on the sheltered side of the tree from the slight breeze that was blowing. It was that or fall out of the tree because she was shaking from the cold so badly.