3

DINNER that night was awkward, to say the least

DINNER that night was awkward, to say the least. Celeste had to ignore the teacher's table while sitting down at the Slytherin table in her usual spot, Daphne right next to her and the boys sitting across from them.

Blaise broke the silence by saying, "So.. good day?"

Celeste's lips turned into a smile as she shook her head fondly. Blaise was always the one who could randomly cheer people up. It was practically his job. "Good enough. You?" She asked as if they hadn't spent the whole day together.

Blaise nodded, his lips curling up into a grin. "Very good."

Draco put a meat pie onto Celeste's plate and a lamb chop, some black pudding, and finally, some fried sausages. Then, when he was done with her plate, he put food onto his own plate.

Celeste thanked him and dug in.

The action did not go unnoticed by a certain someone in the teacher's table. "Does a Malfoy actually care?" Sirius Black wondered out loud, far away from the Slytherin table. He turned to his favorite old professor.

"Only for Celeste, he does." Professor McGonagall replied while pouring herself a cup of water. "Those two are attached at the hip. You can never see one without the other."

Sirius hummed, crossing his arms. "Who are the other two with them?" He asked curiously.

"Blaise Zabini and Daphne Greengrass. Particularly bright students, they are."

"Every Slytherin is," joined in Severus Snape with his drawling voice, earning a glare from Sirius. "What, Black? You should be glad your daughter is nothing like you. If she was even a little bit like you, she would never be the top of her class."

"Why, you little slimy git—"

"Sirius," said the stern voice of the woman sitting between the two enemies. "Behave. Both of you."

Sirius sulked in his seat and huffed. Snape rolled his eyes and went back to eating. The two had been enemies ever since their own Hogwarts days, and even back then, the woman sitting between them right now was their teacher.

Severus Snape had every right to hate Sirius Black and his little gang. They had been the ones always playing stupid pranks on him and the rest of the Slytherins, all the damn time. There was not a single Slytherin who tolerated the 'Marauders', as they called themselves. Maybe Regulus Black, who only tolerated them enough because he was Sirius's brother, but when Sirius got disowned, he didn't even glance at the group anymore.

Sirius's eyes found his daughter again. She was laughing at something Blaise said and turned to the blonde girl right next to her.

Sirius couldn't believe it. His daughter was a Slytherin. A true Slytherin. She wore the silver and green tie with pride, going as far as having a little dark green bow in her hair.