7

CELESTE bit into a piece of bacon, then took a sip of the black coffee in front of her

CELESTE bit into a piece of bacon, then took a sip of the black coffee in front of her. She enjoyed the bitter taste of it. It was her first time drinking it, thanks to Draco pouring a cup for her and insisting that she try it.

It was Monday morning and the Slytherins were all on time, eating breakfast after getting ready for the day. The Gryffindor table, however, was half empty, meaning that they were late. The Ravenclaw table was also filled like the Slytherin table. The Hufflepuff table, meanwhile, was only a little empty. You could see which house cared for school and which house didn't.

"What class do we have first?" asked Blaise, snapping Celeste out of her thoughts. She took out the schedule from her bag and gave it to him wordlessly. Blaise looked at it, his face dropping immediately. "Defense with the Gryffindors." he said in a low voice.

Celeste's head snapped up. She grabbed the schedule from his hands and groaned when she realized he wasn't kidding.

"It'll be fine," said Dashne comfortingly. Celeste did not reply.

Breakfast passed in silence with the group of friends. Soon enough, they were walking towards the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. Draco pushed open the door, motioning for the girls to go in first as he was taught to do by none other than his mother.

When they walked in, they shared looks of confusion after realizing the desks and chairs were all gone and there was a large, shaking wardrobe in the middle of the class. A few other Gryffindors and Slytherins were already there, standing. Sirius Black was in a conversation with Harry Porter, but they both stopped when they saw Celeste.

The young girl rolled her eyes and walked to the right side of the empty classroom, where the Slytherins
were.

Sirius clear his throat awkwardly, his eyes never leaving Celeste. "Celeste, could you come over here, please?" he asked hopefully.

Her father. The one who left her. Her gray eyes narrowed on him and she noticed the way a flicker of emotion passed through his face.

Draco protectively stepped in front of her but she put a hand on his arm and said, "It's fine." She let go of his arm and looked at her 'father'. "No," she coldly replied, enjoying the way a flash of hurt passed through his face this time.

What did he want with her just before the lesson, anyways? What would he do— apologize for leaving her twelve years ago in front of the students?

This guy was mental, Celeste concluded

And where was Remus to stop him? He was nowhere in sight. In fact, Celeste didn't remember seeing him at breakfast.

Just a second after thinking that, Remus Black walked in with a few other Gryffindor students, smiling while talking to them. The class quietened down— mostly the Gryffindors had been talking— and they all looked at the still-shaking wardrobe.