Chapter 7

"You really did it now Gemma, what the hell are we supposed to do with him?" Kol asked as he watched for when Damon would wake up again.

In the time that I had him with me, he had woken at least 3 times, and it wasn't good. The first time I had panicked, but Kol snapped his neck in a jiffy, and I hadn't even told him yet. You see, it's good to have someone as ruthless as Kol for yourself, and I won't share, he's mine.

"Yeah, I thought if I used the fact that he confessed his love for me I would've had the advantage of having him on my side. I need to get Jeremy back, I won't let him be here with Elena, she'll get him killed," I said observing Damon's body.

"Huh. Yet you killed him. You're going soft on me Gemma," Kol replied with a smirk.

I didn't say nothing but looked away.

"He's my brother."

*****

We kept Damon almost the whole night and Kol drained his blood in order to rid of the vervain. He was, and Kol was able to compulse him in order to forget that night. I told Kol to erase the memory of when I had called him in order so he could've come with me to the Grill. I also erased it on his phone. It was now a week after the incident and Jeremy had somehow built up a trust on me and now he talked to me basically how we used to speak before every problem. Elena hadn't come back, but I didn't care.

"Jeremy?" I called out from the kitchen.

"Yeah?" He asked entering the room.

"I think I need more chocolate for the brownies, I did not think this true," I said observing the slight brown chocolate mix.

He laughed as he observed it and nodded. "I think you need much more. I'll go get some."

"Alright, be careful."

He nodded and left the kitchen and then the house. He told me straight away that nothing would happen between us, thank goodness, and I definitely agreed. He said he felt me more as a sister and when he told me that I nearly said I was. I have been slipping a lot lately, and I am not liking it. Is it possible to have feelings for a person who you had lost all feeling for? Ever since Jeremy's been here I have been wanting to keep him safe and not to fall in harm's way. I want to keep him safe and I do plan on doing so. I know this would affect me mentally, but I can't stop already, my emotions are coming back and no matter how much I hold back, I'll eventually give up.

I smell Elijah before I see him, of course, and wait until he rings the doorbell, it would only really make sense as a human. I hear the doorbell ring, and I wipe my hands on my apron before taking it off and placing it on a stool next to my table. I walk to the door and unlock it.

"Elijah," I say.

"Crystal, very good to see you again. I came here to see if you wanted to accompany me to dinner," he asks fixing his tie.

"Are you asking me out on a date Mr. Mikaelson?" I ask tauntingly. He smiles and I laugh. "Sure, just give me a date and time."

"How about today? I mean today, at eight? If that would be fine with you," he told me.

"Yeah. Of course! I would invite you in, but I have Jeremy here and I just need to make sure he is safe, I'd kill and die for him."

He smiled and looked at me, as if observing. "You really sounded like Gemma, she was like that with her brother, and I am to believe he was like her lifeline."

"Yeah, he finally opened up to me and recalled something similar. How is Niklaus? I haven't seen him in quite some time actually, I'm starting to miss him," I said laughing slightly.

"Yes, Niklaus is out I'm sure creating chaos. I was actually quite surprised he didn't kill you, which explains why I didn't want to leave you alone with him," he replies laughing slightly.

"He doesn't seem ruthless. But then thanks for coming, I will definitely be there at eight."

Elijah nods and dismisses himself. After watching him go, I go to the kitchen and grab my cellphone. I dial Kol's number. I have to tell him I can't go and see him tonight due to my pending dinner with Elijah.

"Gemma, couldn't stay away from me, could you?"

"Yes, you charmed me well," I say rolling my eyes. "Look, I can't go with you tonight. Sorry, your brother has asked me out to dinner."

"So I have been replaced?" I heard Kol ask.

"Sorry. A Mikaelson for a Mikaelson. Don't worry, you're still my lover boy. I feel really shitty for what I did to Damon. I can't believe I'm admitting it, but I just feel so bad."

"You really are going soft on me," he said.

I groaned. "I know! But even so, I can't keep this up, there is just no way that my act will forever be kept up, it just wouldn't work out properly and I am literally pissed about it. Kol, I need you to keep an eye on Jeremy for me, but you have to keep a distance from him. Please," I say to him.

Jeremy was my number one priority and I had to keep him safe, come hell or high water. There is just no way I would let him get hurt, not even by myself. I made the mistake of hurting him for my own selfish reasons, and now I will kill anyone who tries to hurt him, no matter who or where. I will not let that happen again.

"Fine. Have fun with Elijah. Oh, and don't tell him our secret."

He hangs up and I smirk. Elijah will never get to know the full extent of Kol's and I relationship, and neither will Damon.

I'm about to return to my cooking when I get a call. Speaking of the Devil.

"Damon, nice to hear from you," I say cheerfully.

"Hey Crystal, I was just wondering if you would like to get some drinks tomorrow after 6. That's my lucky hour."

"Heck, why not? Sure. What should I wear?" I ask.

"Your beautiful smile," he says.

I gasp and nearly drop my phone. Did Damon just really say that, or was that just my imagination thinking up random things? It has happened many times and I don't doubt It wouldn't happen again.

"I'm sorry, I was just trying to seem romantic. I...what the hell? Sorry," he says sounding nervous.

"No, it's fine, really. I'm sorry for making you nervous. You have very lovable comments Mr. Salvatore."

"Yeah, only for the girl in my heart"

________________________

I feel like Gemma is getting a little shimmy shimmy with Damon. <3

This has been a long wait, sorry for the super long wait guys, I truly am.

There was a family emergency and family is always more important.

:3