Idea Part 1

Days before my mother died, I sat near a window as she laid still in her hospital bed, which seemed to age her 10 years. Her breathes the sound of static, eyes shut, mouth open and everyone around her talking about the wonderful life she lived. Not wanting to say, or even wanting to be here, I focused my attention on the window. It was getting late, the sun was setting and a beautiful glare laid upon the lake outside the hospital.

There was a Swan in the water, feathers white as snow and eyes black as night. It dipped its head down frequently to replenish, I wondered what for. Did it fly to this lake from another all day? Or was it preparing for flight in the morning?

Silence took over the room when the nurse walked in, speaking to my farther, she gave him updates on the medication they had my mother on. I didn't listen to this much either. I didn't care. Yes, I loved my mother deeply but, I know these breathes would be her last.

...
"Josie, are you paying attention?"
As I hear my name called I jerk up in attendance.
"Yes Ms. Smith, sorry"
"See me after class."
I shouldn't have to see her after a class Im paying for. It's just the way she commands, it makes you want to obey...

This would be my first time staying later than other students, but I've heard them talk, they feel that same way.

35 minutes pass, and class is up, everyone scurries out the door while I'm left behind. I look at Ms. Smith as she finishes something up on her computer, I wonder my "punishment," cleaning up the class, delivering a message or maybe even getting her lunch.

"Come down here and take this sheet of paper." She says

I get up not wasting time, since I had other plans for today. I get her desk and take a sheet while not saying a word. She looks up at me and says
"You will write "I won't day dream in class ever again" from front to back, understand?"

Hell no I didn't understand.

"Can you be serious? This isn't grade school, Im not paying you to discipline me, I'm an adult."

"Congratulations, you can pay bills now, yay! Now write. I won't ask again."

I stand my ground, but Im not so sure I should because of the look growing on her face, I know only evil will come from her mouth.

"You better hurry, only ten minutes on the clock and this is worth 40% of your grade."

A sly smirk grows on her lips, as a take the paper and speed walk to the nearest desk.

...
120 sentences later, I was done and at her desk. My fingers ached, and my eyes were tired.

"Here." I say lowly above a whisper. I was embarrassed of how foolish this assignment was, and that I actually did it.

She takes the paper and sets it on her desk.

"What were you thinking about anyway, hm? A nice get away on island far from here? Or something I should even dare to say..."

I look at her confused, who does she think she is?

"It's none of your business." I simple say trying to sound rude.

"Oh really, then I'll just have to guess it was the second part of my assumption"

I surge my shoulders, and walk towards the door. But I really think about it, and ask myself; Do I want her to have this power over me?

"... For the record, I was thinking about my mother."

Should I keep going something slight something light you know.