CHAPTER EIGHT

ASHER POV. ( He's the eldest child of the Alleato's)

"Sir, sir. SIR!" An annoying bird shouts at me. I feel a sharp sting on my left cheek. Almost immediately I hit it back and I shoot up banging heads with a man.

"Matthew?" My voice groggy as I rub my head slightly. "What was that fucking for? I'm gonna fucking bathe your body in acid and watch as your skin-"

"Sir, there's an intruder! Outside, near the greenhouse. Max was out." He tells me, and before I can react he's out the door again.

Fuck. Quickly contacting the guards, I throw on a black shirt and speed down the hallway after Matthew.

Rushing around the building waking up everyone, I can't help but think how stupid we are to not have guards around the house. Why are my brothers even allowed out at night? It's fucking dangerous.

My fists clench as I storm into my parents room. Growling softly, with Matthew beside me, I shake my father awake. He's up in a second. He sees my face and immediately gets up and throws a top on. Mama's up as well. I see my brothers coming out of their rooms but me and Matthew are off again.

I'm outside, watching as my mother hugs the life out of Max. He doesn't look worried though, nor does he look like he was in any danger in the first place. I see the new bodyguard. Miss Miller I think.

Finally, it clicks in my mind who this is. My father managed to hire the Riley Miller. Hell upon earth. The best in the business. The best fighter, soldier, bodyguard, leader. Anyone who is under Riley Miller's protection is untouchable.

Anyone who is in Riley Miller's protection is feared and walked away from. I remember now, an incident from a few years ago. She got my dad down, Dad doesn't remember. He hit his head, and can't remember anything from that day and a few days before. This is who is protecting my family? I don't think they could die if they tried.

She's fucking beautiful too. Her eyes are multi-coloured, with green and specks of brown in them. Her hair is curly, but not to the point that it would be hard to move it at all. Soft loose twists, but still bouncy and perfect. Her nose is straight, and in line with her face shape, and her lips are full but not the 'perfect' shape.

She's tall, but I'm a whole lot taller so it doesn't really affect me. Her body's gorgeous too, and what I would give to even graze my hand against her skin. Her thighs aren't like the girls that go to the gym daily, large and thick. However, they hold muscles in them, and they are big and I can't get the image of them wrapped around my waist out of my head. Perfect. I probably shouldn't notice this, but her breasts bounce as she stands up. The moon shines on her bronze skin, highlighting her cheeks.

She's a fucking angel sent to torment me with her beauty.

Her shirt has ridden up from when she was sitting down, and I see abs. Fuck. She adjusts it, and I stop myself from looking at her and stare at my brother instead.

She kneels down slightly and gets a square sheet of paper from the bleeding man on the floor. When she steps closer, I see her nose is slightly swollen, and has a tiny trickle of blood flowing from it.

I thought Matthew said nobody was injured?

I can't fixate on it anymore, as she passes me the paper.

"Found this on the man sir." Riley says to me, before stepping back again glancing at Max.

Fuck. Sir. I could think of better names for her to call me....

Clenching my jaw, I nod. Seeing my reflection in her eyes, I look pissed off. I'm pissed off because I've not even spoken to this girl and I'm already about to explode from her proximity.

I read it and freeze. "Dad."

He looks up, hearing my cold tone. "It was found on the intruder."

He reads it too and freezes. Without saying anything he picks up charity and grabs Mama's hand and walks off, making a motion with his hand for us to follow. I don't and stare at Riley.

Without fear, she stares back. It makes me uncomfortable how she isn't scared like everybody is. I feel the need to talk to her, to become friends with the only person on earth who doesn't shiver at my gaze. A friend. A friend who doesn't fear me would be my dream. Is it possible?

"Is your nose okay?" I ask her slightly, my voice still hoarse from sleep. Maybe the fact I haven't talked in two days because my family are the most annoying creatures on the planet.

Her eyes flash with something, I'm not certain what it is because she covers it like a pro.

"Just fine." Riley answers me, cocking her head slightly while observing me. Is this how unnerved people feel when I do it?

" Thank you... for keeping Max safe." I tell her. Surprise covers her features before , yet again, she masks it. This is going to annoy me, isn't it? Definitely. "I'm Asher."

My hand stretches out and she smiles slightly and shakes it firmly, keeping eye contact throughout. Why the fuck is this eyes meeting turning me on? What the fuck?

"Just doing my job, sir. I'm Riley."

I nod and quickly walk away down the path. If she'd called me sir one more time I would have-

"You called Mr. Alleato?"

My head snaps to the head guard. James, a burly man with a buzzcut and skin is covered with mark-ups from tattoos he has regretted. I'm pretty sure most of them are names of girls who have convinced him to tattoo their initials on their skin. Idiotic really.

Carve your name into their skin. Preferably around the hip, thigh or ass areas. I've never done it, but you bet I am going to do it to my wife when I get one.

"Intruder over there near the greenhouse. He's unconscious. You know what to do."

And with that I go to my room and have a fucking nap.

Sleep above everything else.

_--_----
By the way guys, they aren't related. This book is based around the time when all the kids were being kidnapped, not that she herself was from one of these families.
Shes a bodyguard, not a family member.