CHAPTER 7- more than just friends

It's 3am. Jihyo hasn't returned. Jeongyeon is worried.

Jeongyeon takes two raincoats and an umbrella and heads out to find Jihyo.

She walks towards the lake and sure enough, that's where Jihyo is. She was crying as she sat in the pouring rain staring at the lake.

Jeongyeon held out her hand. "Need a hand?"

Jihyo starts sobbing. She takes her hand and yells at Jeongyeon.

"I'm sick of you. You never let me explain. That day, I swore to myself I'd never write my diary again because I opened up to you after we made up, and I was happy. Once you read it, I didn't know what to do. I knew I'd never get you back again, Jeongyeon, and nothing hurt more than that. I wanted to believe you'd trust my actions more than my words, and that is why I kissed you yesterday."

"It hurt me too, Jihyo. Having read that, it was like being shot. I wanted to trust your actions in that moment and yes, I should've asked you about it first. But, it affected me the most, trust me, I spent everyday reminiscing our happy memories and I always missed you. You've always been my number one Jihyo, and that will never change."

"I should've been more honest with you, Jeongyeon. I'm really sorry."

"I'm even more. I know it hurt you, and I didn't do anything about it, even now I left you here, and you may catch a cold. I'm sorry, Jihyo" Jeongyeon said, while wrapping Jihyo in a raincoat.

"Will we ever be more than just friends?"

"We are."

Jeongyeon kisses Jihyo. 

"It's always us" they say in unison.

                 END