one

September 17, 2023
Los Angeles, CA

I was over at one of my good friend's house, Selena. We drank wine and baked sweets. We chatted about the new music she was working on and even the new music I was working on. Our conversation was cut short when my phone rang. It was Taylor.

"Hello?" I answered

"Rosi, did you see your man's recent post-game press conference?" she said quickly. I was confused and looked at Selena, more confused than I was.

"Joe brought you up! One of my backup dancers told me. Watch the video, then text me. I've got to go. Love you so much, bye!" she hung up. I looked at Selena once again, and she was on YouTube searching up the Bengals post-game conference.

I have not seen or even shared a word with Joe since he left me dumbfounded in the dorm three and a half years ago. He likes my Instagram posts all the time and vice versa, but we've never exchanged words since.

Before he stormed out, I would tell him we could do long-distance. I loved Joe with my entire heart and soul. I returned to reality as the video started playing. He looked so beautiful. Selena skipped throughout the video and held my hand as Joe's voice aired.

"Joe, we're not one to mingle into your personal life just because this is strictly about football, but we couldn't help ourselves. Could you possibly give us more context about you and Rosalia?" an interviewer asked him, his eyes widened as they said my name.

"Uh, you know, usually I wouldn't speak on my personal life and would automatically turn your guy's question down, but I'd do anything to bring up Rosalia and how much of a great woman she is. Uh, back at LSU, it was love at first sight, well, on my behalf. She was my best friend above anything else. The only person who understood me and one of the few girls who LOVED kid Cudi as much as I did. She was the greatest; she's still the greatest. I love he- I listen to her music and watch her films. We don't talk anymore. Uh, I messed it up, but I wish her the best always, and I know she wishes me the best, too. We'll leave it at that, guys. No more questions. Thank you all. I hope you all have a great night." He finished the interview and walked away, and I was sitting there still with nothing to say.

I looked at Selena as she poured me more wine, "Are you okay?" she asked. I nodded as I gulped the wine down.

"You know what, I'm fine. We've moved on from that; it's not like we'd ever be something again. I'm fine." I convince myself

"You know, it's okay not to be okay. I mean, Rosalia, he left you without letting you explain. You never got your closure. I think you should do something about this!" She says, I know she's right, but I have too much pride to admit it.

"Enough about him, Sel. We need more wine." I joked, and she chuckled. I know it bugs her that I won't speak about my feelings.

We eventually ended up having more wine and snacks. Selena was now asleep, and I was in the guest bedroom. It was 2:45 a.m., and I tried to go to sleep, but my mind just pondered back on Joe. I wish Taylor wouldn't have said anything. I would've been excellent. 

I kill time and go on my Instagram to see if that makes me fall asleep. I decided to post about my and Sel's evening.

@rosaliag posted 2 mins ago

Viewed by @joeyb_9, @billeeilish, and 15,838 others viewed your story

I put my phone down and closed my eyes. Yes, I noticed that Joe viewed my Instagram story. I wondered why he was awake. From what I remember about him, he enjoyed sleeping early because the more sleep he could get, the better. I felt my eyes getting heavy. I closed them and drifted off.