four

September 26, 2023
Cincinnati, OH

Since the moment I got here, I wanted to leave. Later tonight, we were finally returning home. Taylor wanted to do some things in the city before we went. Selena was out downtown splurging on coffee shops.

Meanwhile, I was just at the hotel watching television. I avoided being on my phone. I know there were articles, and if I sat here and read all the articles, it'd tear me down.

Rewatching Gilmore Girls and ordering room service are my evening plans. I had paused the show for a second; there was a knock at the door. I get up, and without looking through the peephole, I open the door.

There stood the 6'4 man who, no matter what, I could never forget. He was wearing a white Nike hoodie and black Nike sweats. His hair ruffled up. I was shocked but also had questions. How did he know what hotel I was at? I tried closing the door, but he blocked it with his foot.

I wish I didn't open the door. I just stared at him before he let himself in, "Me and you, we're talking." He says. I look at him and wait for him to continue.

"You can't just go to my game and leave me hanging like that." He says in a calm yet bothered tone.

"That didn't stop you three years ago," I said. He looked at the floor as I stood there with my arms crossed.

"Look, when I walked out of that room that day, and you ended up leaving, I regretted it every day. I'd watch you from afar. That day, not only were you heartbroken, but so was I, which sounds hypocritical since I was the one that walked out, but Rosalia, I have loved you since the day I met you. I couldn't believe you were leaving me right after we said we loved each other the night before. When you left, I was miserable, and I haven't dated anybody ever since." He said vulnerably

"So, who's Olivia?" I asked. He looked at me and sighed, knowing Travis had told me about her. He rubbed his temple and sighed.

"Olivia, she was someone I met back when I was still attending Ohio State, but then I went to LSU, and she was still trying to talk to me, but I only have eyes for you since day one. So, about a month ago, she texted me and asked if I was down to hang out when she came to Cincinnati next week. But I'm not sure why Travis made it seem like that. He worded it so different." He said, I nodded. Was he still going to hang out with her? Am I crazy for tripping?

"Nice!" That was all I could get myself to say. Was he considering hanging out with Olivia? he looks at me, stands up from sitting on the edge of the bed, and walks over to me.

"No, don't do that. Don't say a simple response like that, and close yourself off. I wasn't going to hang out with Olivia. For the longest time until now, I can't even look at other girls, knowing the one I love isn't even on good terms with me." He says

"You know, for the longest time when I was in Palm Springs, I kept playing that day and moment in my head millions of times. I wondered if he loved me, he would've wanted to make this work & there was this other part of me that wondered If I was being selfish for looking out for my career while you already had yours set. I wondered why you wouldn't hear me out. You left me with no closure. I was miserable filming in California all because you didn't know how to communicate well, Joey." I said. I stopped myself before the tears could come out. He didn't deserve to see me cry. He tries getting near me, but I quickly back up.

"Look, Rosalia, From the bottom of my heart, I'm so sorry. I know my sorry could never take away the pain I caused you that night, but know I'm in total regret. There's no excuse for me walking out on you then. I was young and stupid and couldn't face the fact that the love of my life was leaving far away when everything felt in place and all so right. You don't have to say anything to forgive me but know I am sorry. Know that no matter what lifetime, I'll always choose you. I'll always be your person, and you're mine." He says, he walks past me and reaches for the door, but I stop him. I pull his wrist back towards me. I put my right hand on the back of his neck.

"I forgive you, Joey," I say. He smiles and hugs me. Selena & Taylor soon walk in, almost like perfect timing. I pull away from Joe as he greets the girls.

"The couple is back??" Taylor asks. We hear a third voice, which comes from Taylor's phone. Travis Kelce on the phone. Joe greets him, too.

"Just friends, Tay!" I exclaim and look at Joe.

"For right now." He smiles and throws a wink. I felt my heart flutter. Took me back to college days. He still had this effect on me.

Taylor continues talking to Travis as Selena tags alongside her. I look back at Joe, my hand still around his neck and his hand still on my waist.

"I'm leaving back to LA tonight, Joe." I bring up, don't get me wrong, I still wanted to go back home. I just wanted to appreciate this time with Joe for a bit longer.

"Don't worry, we'll make time for each other. friends do anything for each other, right?" He says with a smirk, teasing about me calling us friends earlier.

At the moment, I didn't question anything. I was letting things flow. I'd want to be friends again even though I know him from head to toe, everything about him as he knows me well, too. A resumed friendship should still be built.

Within tonight, He ended up taking us to the airport. I said my goodbyes and promised we'd call each other and visit. The trip to Cincinnati was worth it, I guess. Kidding, it was worth it.

A/N:

I apologize for the slow updates, I've been super busy with work and i always end up so beat. but I was to clarify that I love Olivia, she's so sweet! I was just really lazy to think of a different name and another plot lol

- daya <3