Mission 2: A Date to Remember

You and Yor are having lunch at one of your favorite restaurants, and are having a fun time conversing about your lives and professions.

Yor: "My co-workers found out about you and told me. From what I've heard, you're pretty great as a private investigator, though, considering you saved me from that case made against me it's got to be dangerous."

"Sometimes. I usually get cases involving a missing person or someone's spouse and child having strange behavior. The last part is them more worried about their reputation than the safety of those they're supposed to love."

Yor: "And they pay you a lot for that?"

"I just get the job done, and if it means Anya having a good life, what the heck? Besides, things are usually peaceful for the most part, and I'd like it to stay that way. Helps me get over the nightmares from years ago."

Yor: "Oh, yeah. I do hope things will stay this way from now on."

"Me too. I've had a lot of fun on our dates."

Yor: "Me too. I can't stop smiling when I hang out with you, but I must ask, who's watching over Anya during our dates?"

"My friend Jack does. He's been like a father to me for years. Anya even considers him a grandfather."

Yor: "He sounds like a friend anyone would love to have. Is he retired?"

"Not entirely. He's a painter. He wanted to create pleasant things after the treaty was established. It helps him focus on the good things."

Yor: "Great for him."

You and Yor finished eating each other's food.

Yor: "The food was wonderful."

"Pretty much why it's one of my favorites."