Mission 7: An Okay Day and a Good Book

You were sitting at your desk and checking your hairstyle in a hand mirror as Jack entered.

Jack: "Morning, Y/N."

"Morning."

Jack: "Still not used to that new hairstyle of yours? No offense."

"No, I'm with you," you said, "But I'm doing this for Anya. The school is heavy on the term "elegance" and I've been following a friend's advice on what that's supposed to be. I asked the others to practice for hours weeks before the interview yesterday. Did you know that Eden Academy had an obstacle course that expected us to do things, without dirtying our clothes?"

Jack: "Hellen told me about that. I didn't think it was true. I don't think she thought it was true either."

"Well, I can confirm that it is, but we got through that and made it to the interview without getting rejected."

Jack: "How did that go?"

"Better than I thought it would. One, a teacher there, Henry Henderson, said that not only did we show "elegance", but Anya got an above average on her entrance exam. He even admitted that she had potential."

Jack: "Good for her."

"Yep. And two, Anya said she wants to be someone like me for always trying to protect her."

Jack: "Amazing. So, there were no troubles during that?"

"Not exactly. Professor Swan over there was embittered by divorce and his loss of custody over his daughter that he was being a dick and trying to find faults between the three of us."

Jack: "Oh. How did that part go?"

"We proved him wrong at every turn. His last question was about what happened with Anya's previous mother."

Jack: "You mean the story you made about Rose."

"It's true. Rose was a mother figure for Anya a year before I met Yor, and she still comes every once in a while."

Jack: "Right. Sorry for misunderstanding."