*𝟙* 𝕁𝕦𝕟𝕖 𝟚𝟘𝕥𝕙

*𝕍𝕒𝕔𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕋𝕣𝕚𝕡 𝕋𝕠 𝕄𝕚𝕒𝕞𝕚*

"I can't believe you finally convinced me to do this!" You giggle whilst you and your best friend start to board the airplane together, With your carry on luggage in hand as you make your way through the seats toward the ones typed out on your tickets. She flashes you a little smirk and wiggles her way through the crowd of people pushing there luggage into the overhead compartments, Till you have reached your seats near the front, but not entirely in the front.

"I knew I would get you to cave eventually Jay, It's almost your birthday! It's time to celebrate the best way, By taking a trip to Miami!" She states happily, Clearly proud of herself for convincing you to come on this little vacation she had planned as your birthday gift.

𝕃𝕚𝕥𝕥𝕝𝕖 𝕕𝕚𝕕 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨, 𝕀𝕥 𝕨𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕓𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕣𝕚𝕡 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕕 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕝𝕚𝕗𝕖..

You both put your luggage into the upper compartment before you take a seat in the rather cozy airplane chair settling in for the semi-long flight to Miami. 

"Well, I haven't seen much outside of Canada" You admit softly while opening the shade to the window to look out with a soft smile. "I guess it couldn't hurt to live a little, On the wild side like you" You tease and look at her with a giggle.

She playfully sticks her tongue out at you and scrolls through the movies on the little screen each seat has. "You know you'll thank me for this later. Miami is amazing, Plus... You could meet someone special" She taunts softly.

You snicker at her "I doubt that, Besides I'm going to spend time with you and have fun for my birthday, Not abandon you for some one-night stand" You chastised gently.

She sticks her hands up in defense and shrugs a little "It wouldn't be abandoning if I found a little something too" She replies, you raise your brow at her and shake your head a little "Whatever happens, Happens, I guess. I just want to see some place new and experience the ocean the right way" You return before looking back out the window waiting for the plane to finally head into the sky.

*𝕆𝕟𝕖 ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕖 ℝ𝕚𝕕𝕖 𝕃𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣*

It had felt like the longest trip of your life and you were rather excited by the time the plane had landed, Your friend had slept most of the flight, But you had been researching all the best places to visit which only fueled the excitement you had already been feeling. This was going to be a great trip, You had a gut feeling about that.

"Hurry Up!" You yell to your friend as you hurry to pick up the rest of your luggage at the baggage claim area. She trails behind like a zombie because she had just woken and didn't have any coffee in her system yet, You grab your bag off the belt and hers too before you walk back toward her and hand her the bag. "Let's get you some caffeine" You tease with a wide smile, She brightens a bit at your words and on your way out of the airport you stop by a little Starbucks before you head out and catch a cab to get to your hotel, There were dozens of cabs lined up to get people places, Honestly you had never seen that many cabs at once before and it made you smile because you knew you were definitely not home anymore.

Once you and her are settled into the cab it takes you to the address you had given the driver, The semi-nice hotel your friend had swung for, It wasn't anything insanely fancy, But it was better than some weird motel. You hurry out of the cab after she pays and she mentions her name at the front desk before handing you one of the keycards she was given by the women at the front desk. 

"Your own room, Just in case" She teases with a wink.

You snicker and roll your eyes softly "Keep dreaming, Least I'll sleep peacefully without your snoring" You state with a cheeky smile before you dart off to the elevator and get inside before she can catch you. She gives you a fake glare as she enters the elevator after you and presses the 3rd floor button letting the doors shut before she leans her back against the wall and watches you. "It couldn't hurt to put yourself out there Y'know? It's a big new city lots of possibilities" She says softly.

You look at her gently, And you can tell how serious she is this time. "I know, I know it's a new place with lots of new people. But I want to focus on my birthday and spending time with my best friend. IF we happen to meet some cool people along the way, It'll be awesome, But I don't intend to walk up to random people just to make friends that I'll probably never see again after this trip. Okay?" You explain.

Just as you finish talking the doors open and she gives you a small smile like she understands what you are saying. You both head to the hotel rooms which are right across from one another. "I really hope we meet some amazing people on this trip Jay, We both deserve it don't we? I know you don't want to push yourself at other people and I won't force you to do that, But promise me you'll try to have fun? And be open to the chance of meeting others, Even if it just means waiting for them to approach you?" She asks while biting on her lip softly.

You give her a tight loving yet friendly hug before you smile at her gently, "I will be open to it, I promise. But for now, Let's focus on our plans okay? Let's both get cleaned up and figure out what we want to do for dinner, My birthday is still a couple days away which means we should focus on having random fun and not focusing on celebrating me until my birthday is actually here" You reply.

She nods with a soft smile "That sounds really good to me" She agrees.

With that said, You both went into your own hotel rooms and you set your stuff by the bed before falling onto it gently with a content sigh, It was rather comfortable and made it difficult to want to move. Maybe, Just maybe a nap could come first.

You glance at the clock to check the time and hum to yourself, It was almost dinner time. Maybe the two of you could just order room service and hangout in one of the hotel rooms together with some movies, You could definitely use a chill first night you knew you would probably be jet lagged tomorrow anyway.

So you text your bestie to meet you in your room to order some room service explaining that you wanted to stay in for the night because you knew you needed some rest if you were going to go and explore the city tomorrow. Plus it was late now getting dark and you didn't want to get lost without knowing how to get back.

Thankfully it was something she agreed to and within a half hour you were both settled in your room with a movie on the TV and room service trays on the bed eating some delicious pasta while talking about places you wanted to check out together tomorrow. You knew there was going to be a lot to explore, and it was going to be incredible!

(ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟙 ℍ𝕒𝕤 𝔸𝕣𝕣𝕚𝕧𝕖𝕕! 𝕀 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕙𝕠𝕡𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕠𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕗𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣! ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟚 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕓𝕖 𝕠𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕒𝕪 𝕤𝕠𝕠𝕟! 𝕀 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦!)