The Swan Song. (finale)

you sat down opposite your mother, taking a drink from your cup of tea.

your mother was slowly coming to terms with who was infront of her. she took a drink herself from her cup of coffee, the only noise being emit was the ticking of the clock.

"before you say anything, yes, i did die."

she put her cup down, balling her fists.

"then..how are you-"

"well..." you did the same thing as her. "how do i put this?"

you put a hand to your chin, wondering how exactly to tell her.

"i guess the only way to tell you would be just the truth. even if blunt."

you took a deep breath.

"i died and was reincarnated to another world." you gave her a kind smile,  manifesting a small amount of ki on your fingertip. "and doing so gave me powers of a fictional character."

she seemed shocked, which was more than understandable.

"will you...come back?" she asked.

you balled your fist and looked down, lightly shaking your head.

"no. i wont." you looked up at her. "i got everything i wanted. powers, true friends.... a lover."

she nodded her head. she was happy to hear you got everything you wanted, but was upset it came at the hands of you dying and leaving them. 

"but that won't mean i wont see you. you told her."im not going to cut contact with you. it just means i won't be here per say."

"right."

"i know that for you, the wound of my death is recent. probably around a week? but for me? its been two years at least." you told her.

she seemed slightly confused at your statement. but didn't bring it up in the slightest. the both of you just sat there casually drinking both of your drinks.

"i'll stay here for a good few hours before i go back to...my...world." even now, it felt unrealistic. which was incredibly strange considering as you said before, it's been two years. "hey...do you want to meet everyone?"

she looked at you slightly confused.  you raised your right hand and snapped your fingers, a portal opening up behind you. she recoiled slightly. flabbergasted at the sudden portal.

"what the....?"

you chuckled at her reaction, standing up after finishing what little was left of your tea. you moved over and offered a hand.

she took it and stood up, standing over you. you moved over to the portal, looking back at your mother.

"ready to see my friends?"

"and lover."

"just dont embarrass me."

you walked through the portal shortly being followed by your mother, she still seemed slightly hesitant and skeptical of this.

was she daydreaming?

or was she just dreaming in general?

was it an hallucination?

she just didn't know what was going on.

she stepped through the portal, noting how she was now outside, although there was a large building infront of her. they seemed to be at the front of the house.

it looked huge, it was clear to see her son had accumulated some wealth.

"welcome to Taisho Era Japan."