Karma

Author's Note: So, I'm thinking of starting to upload another story on here, since it's actually done. If I do, I'll only update this book once a week and then update the other once a week. Please consider voting and leaving some comments, I appreciate it!

*Trigger Warning* This chapter has at least one anxiety attack and descriptive eating disorder episodes.

In the morning, I had a lot more energy. I felt a lot brighter. I had a text from Mom and Arianna.

Mom: I know you're mad at me, and I know what I did was unforgivable, but I'm incredibly sorry for not doing anything about the way you've been treated. I've talked to your siblings, and I really think they're gonna work toward changing for the better. Jack and I talked too, and we're going to change how we discipline your siblings and we've realized we've been too lenient, and that wasn't fair to you. Again, I'm really sorry, and I hope you come home for the holidays, and when you do, things will be better. I've explained to the girls that your anxiety is not something to joke about, and that it is definitely a serious condition that shouldn't be messed around with, and I've also said that while you are not skinny, you are healthy, and that them starving you could actually impact your health for the worse, and that health is way more important than physical appearance. If you wouldn't mind, maybe send me some of the research you've done towards your health. That way I can better understand it and therefore help your siblings better understand that. I love you, and I hope you have a great day.

Wow... maybe Mom was gonna change. Let's see what Arianna said.

Arianna: Hey sis, I'm sorry I was a terrible sister to you... You didn't deserve to be treated the way I treated you or by the way our sisters treated you. I didn't mean to make you feel like what you've gone through wasn't a big deal, because it was a big deal. Mom also talked to me, and if she's giving the other girls the same talk she gave me. They're definitely gonna change. Going forward, I'm gonna change. Again, I'm really sorry.

I called Mom, but texted a response to Arianna. I didn't like her apology that much...

"Hey, Mom." I grinned.

"Hey, sweetie. Did you get my message?" She asked.

"Yes, I did, and thank you for talking to the girls and thank you for actually taking an interest in my health. During my study hall, I'll send you some pictures of my notebook where I keep all my information. I really appreciate this." I beamed.

"Aw, you're welcome, sweetie. Maybe you can send me some recipes too. I can make something special for you when you come home." She added.

"Okay, I'll do that." I giggled.

"Okay, I'll talk to you later, sweetie. Love you!" She exclaimed.

"Love you too." I bubbled.

I was in a great mood this morning. I did a small workout, ate breakfast, then headed to my first class with my project. I was extremely proud of it. On my way to class, I bumped into Nicky with his project.

"Ooh, I like your project." I crooned.

"Thanks, Haileigh. I hope no one tries to bully me for it. Especially 'Sparky'." He sighed.

"He's probably going to skip class, assuming he's the type to not do the project and skip so that he has more time to do it." I giggled lightly.

"I bet most of the class is gonna be out. Probably using the excuse of oversleeping, followed by 'my sleep schedule is still messed up because of the summer'." He scoffed.

"Do these people actually think teachers are gonna accept that excuse? Especially from kids who always lie their way out of things? It's incredibly stupid. If you're not gonna do the work, don't make an excuse for it 'cause anyone with a brain knows that whatever excuse, it is a big lie." I teased.