From Casual To Meaningful

Henry's POV: Meeting this girl

"Hey, Cassandra." I grinned lightly as I approached her.

"Hey, Henry. I was nervous you wouldn't show up." She giggled nervously.

"Yeah, my bad for being late. I got held up by my brother." I sighed as I sat down next to her.

"It's okay, you still showed up." She replied.

We were taking the train into the city. It wasn't too far. I was probably only going to be with her for two hours.

"So, what's it like in Cedar Point?" I asked.

"Eh, it depends. Some days it's fun, some days it's boring and I'm feeling so tired of it. One thing I'm going to miss is my high school. I made so many memories there, but I'm also glad I'm starting college in Forest Lake at the end of the summer. How about you?" She explained.

"Well, I'm only in Forest Lake when I'm on vacation. I go to a boarding school in Coral Springs. From what I remember before I went to CSA, Forest Lake had a lot of fun activities. Halloween was always fun since Forest Lake is such an eerie place. Every holiday, there's something to do, so you're going to like it there. I'm going to the community college in Coral Springs since it's better than the community college in Forest Lake. I-I-I slacked off a lot, s-so I didn't get into a four-year university." I admitted.

I was embarrassed to mention that I couldn't get into university. I didn't want to seem dumb. Especially since Cassandra seemed so smart.

"You don't gotta feel ashamed of yourself, Henry. Four-year universities aren't for everyone, and it doesn't depict your intelligence." She comforted.

"You're reading my mind." I chuckled.

Hanging out with Cassandra was going to be fun. Once the train stopped in the city, she took my hand and eagerly hopped off the train.

"Woah." We both gasped.

The city was beautiful. It was so vibrant and colorful. Everyone looked so happy. It was amazing.

"I told my sisters I was hanging out with a guy, and they all thought I was crazy for agreeing to go out with you." She giggled.

"They're just being protective of you. I'll admit, if my brother were to be going out with a girl he just met, I'd have my suspicions as well. I'm really glad you said 'yes', though." I explained.

"Me too." She grinned as she fixed her hair.

Her smile was gorgeous. Everything about her was breathtaking. What drew me in the most was her confidence. She was so bold; she pulled me in instantly.

"What are you thinking about?" She asked as she held my hand.

"I don't know. I guess I'm thinking about how I like how bold and confident you are." I answered.

"So, just to confirm, you do know what you're thinking about." She giggled.

I playfully rolled my eyes as I laughed along with her. This was the first time I thought about a girl this way. Usually I just think about their appearance and if they're the type to mess with me without minding the fact that they're not the only girl. With Cassandra, I was thinking about future dates with her, kissing her, and only her. No one else. And I thought about her personality, not just her looks.

"Try this." She said as she brought a straw up to my lips.

"Heh, don't poison me." I teased.

"It's a damn slushie." She snickered as she playfully rolled her eyes.