Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A/N: Sorry if some of the characters will seem a bit OOC. I haven't seen Shameless in so long but I still love the characters.

So, I wouldn't necessarily call myself a coward, but I know that I've been avoiding seeing the family since I got back to Chicago two weeks ago. I've been focusing on furnishing the house and I will compliment myself on how nice the house the looks inside and outside. But I do know that I need to at least let them all know that I'm alive and well.

But I honestly don't know who I go to first.

I grabbed some paper and wrote down 51st, 21st, or Gallagher. Crumbling up the pieces of paper, I mixed them up and after I knew that I now would not know what each of them were, I took a breath and grabbed one.

Gallagher

Well shit. But here goes nothing.

I grabbed my backpack that had my house keys and new wallet that contained my debit car and checks as well as an old school id so that if I needed to prove who I was, I would have some photo identification. A couple knives tucked into various places on my body and tugging on my still very worn leather jacket completed my look.

I know how to drive but don't have a license or a car so walking is what it would be.

I walked the 3-mile distance easily, coming to a stop on the sidewalk as I stare up at the house, I called home for a while.

Fiona would be 24, Lip 21, Ian 18, Debbie would have just turned 15 with Carl following at 14. Then little Liam would be about to turn 9 if he hadn't already. I took another deep breath before walking up the short steps and then knocking on the front door. I stepped back, running my hand through my long black hair as I waited for someone to answer the door.

I knew that since it is a school day that they should all be up by now, except maybe Frank, but he doesn't count. I turned my back to the door as I looked around at the old neighborhood, memories sparking with every place I see. It wasn't long before the door opened behind me, one of the voices I missed sounding behind me.

"Can I help you?" Lip's voice asked. I turned and watched his eyes widen in shock. "Oh, shit. I'm still high, aren't I?"

I could feel my chin beginning to quiver as emotions began to well inside of me.

"No, Lip. It's really me."

"Thea!" He exclaimed and drew me immediately into his arms, the door swinging shut behind him. I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face into his neck as his arms wrapped tightly around me. "Oh, thank god you're alive!"

"Lip, what's going on?" A familiar female voice sounded from the door, causing the two of us to break apart but Lip to keep his arm around my shoulders as we both turned to the other Gallaghers that had appeared in the doorway.

It took them a moment but each of them froze as they registered who exactly was standing there besides Lip.

Liam darted towards me followed by Debs.

I couldn't stop the tears streaming down my face as the wrapped themselves around me, so tightly and with Lip still with his arm around my shoulders, I finally felt like I truly have come home.

"Thea! You're alive!" Liam shouted.

"You're home! I knew you were alive!" Debs sobbed.

Fiona, Carl, and Ian were still staring at me in shock themselves. Fiona was the first of the three to shake it off and she joined the hug with a tear streaming down her face before she hid her face as she hugged me with Liam and Debs still in our huddle. Lip rejoined it as well and I believe it lasted easily for a minute before all four stepped back to allow Ian and Carl to hug me. I sobbed as my last two brothers hugged me, the two that I was closest to.