part two

as i step out of the car, swarms of people are entering the house. the music was loud and echoed down the streets. this party was supposed to be big. adam knew the guy who was throwing it. there were supposed to be a lot of famous people here.

"yoooo what's up my boys"
"yo what up c dawg" adam says dapping him up.
"ay who's this beautiful face?" he says jokingly looking at me.
"that's y/n, the one i was telling you about" adam replies.
"oh hi" i say smiling.
i feel a tug at my shoulder
"let's go get some drinks" ad says pulling me away from the conversation abruptly. as we walk over i look up at him, his face is serious and annoyed.
"what's wrong?" i ask
"why you gotta ask so many questions?" he snaps.
"i just want to make sure you're okay"
he throws his arm off my shoulder, grabbing a drink.
"that dick." he scoffs
"who? c dawg? he was just being nice..."
"i don't give a fuck, i don't want him talking to you."
i pause not knowing what to say.
"whatever" he rolls his eyes as he walks away.
i look around confused, before i spot mike sitting on lounge stowed away from the crowd. i walk over, sitting down next to him as i scan the room over again.
"what happened over there?" he asks
"don't worry about it"
it was quiet for a moment before he spoke again
"you shouldn't let him treat you like that"
"i said don't worry about it, mike!" i say as my eyes lock to a sight across the room. it was ad with some girl, he was sat on the seat across from her with a wide grin on his face, she looked familiar but nothing to recognise from the back of her head. they were laughing and as she turned i knew, it was the waitress from earlier that day.

my lip trembles as tears well up in my eyes watching them subtly touch, mike notices too, but before he can speak i'm already up and out the door. mike calls out to me but i don't stop, i knew the tears in my eyes wouldn't. i ran down the street until people weren't raiding the pavement and i could sit in peace.

"y/n wait!" i hear a voice yell from behind me.
the party was too much and suddenly i couldn't comprehend a thing that was happening around me.
i huffed as a tear rolled down my face, though quickly wiped away by the boy next to me, it was mike. i turn my body away, sniffling as i try to hold myself together.

"y/n come on, at least look at me" he sits beside me.
i wipe my eyes, before turning and leaning my head against his arm.
"mike, why are you so nice to me? why do you care?" i mumble, closing my eyes for a moment.
"ay! party got busted we gotta go!" i open my eyes as i spin around quickly looking up at adam, he was signalling further down the street to a club that we'd gone to a few times. by the time mike stood up, adam was already gone, he was accompanied by a group of girls he'd met at the party, following alongside him to the club. i looked up at mike who had a hand held out for me, i grabbed quickly as more people ran along behind him, including ad.

"yo what the fuck? you disappear and then i find you out here holding hands with mike?"
"ad-" i start
"-back off my girl" he shouts as he shoves mike out of the way, grabbing my arm and yanking me along towards the club.
"ay don't touch her like that" mike says furiously
"whatcha gonna do it about it? she's my girlfriend" ad replies as he continues walking, pulling me along. before we can make it far, mike launches towards ad taking him down and punching him clean in the nose. ad responds quickly, rolling the pair over beginning to punch him in return. i try to grab ad off.
"stop the cops are coming!" i scream.

ad gets up frantically looking around before pushing me along to begin running down the alleyway. i look back towards mike and he's already gone.

when ad and i return home, i notice how bad his nose had looked, there was blood pouring from the split in his bridge.
"ad- your nose" i say reaching my hand out towards his face.
"don't worry about it y/n." he mumbles pulling his head away. i ignore his response and grab his hand, leading him to the bathroom. he sits on the toilet lid as i turn to wet a rag. i open the cabinet and pull out antiseptic and pour it on the warm rag. he winces as i dab it on his wound.
"don't be a baby" i giggle "it'll only take a minute."
he chuckles along gazing up at me.
"what is it" i smile.
"you know i love you."
my face burns bright red, i can tell he's noticed. he stands up quickly, towering over me. he takes a step towards me pulling me in, he leans down kissing me passionately.

——————

sorry for uploading a short chapter so late, hope you like the story so far! f + k.