part three

the next day,
                         at the studio
_____________________________________
the next day after the incident in the alley way between ad and mike, we had to meet in the studio, the boys had some upcoming music they had to be working on, no matter what happened or the label wouldn't be happy.

ad seemed to be in a good mood this morning, as we walked into the studio he cleared off the lounge that had been messy. we sat down next to eachother still holding hands, as adam enters from the other room.
"you two seem happy, what happened last night" he teases, grinning before realising the butterfly stitches on ads nose.

"yoo what happened?"
"don't worry about it man" ad replies cockily.

mike enters a little behind adam, making eye contact with ad before walking away. i shot an eye at him giving a guilty look. i couldn't see his eyes behind his dark glasses but he reassures me with a smile.

"yo come check out this new beat i made" adam stands up, signalling ad to follow.

i get up behind him and move across the room to be sitting beside mike. he was looking down, fiddling amongst his hands.
"i'm sorry about last night, mike. are you okay?"
"it's okay, y/n"
i look down unsure of what else to say, it was silent before mike took his glasses off, revealing his swollen bruised eye.
"oh my god, your eye.." i say reaching my hand out, though he grabs my hand lowering it.
"it doesn't hurt-" he gets cut off as the others walking back in.

"i gotta bounce y'all" adam says picking up his jacket
i stand up, looking at ad,
"what do you wanna do now?" i ask
"i'm busy, i gotta go meet with some..uh some guy"
"okay!" i reply as he leans in kissing me on the head.
after he walks out i turn to look at mike,
"so what're you doing?"
"oh nothin, did you wanna hit the city?"
"i'd like that"

a few hours had passed going store to store in times square.
"i'm kinda hungry, wanna check this new place i heard was def, it's nettys or something"
"yeah that sounds good"

as we step out of the car to enter nettys, we approach the host at the front of the restaurant.
"for two-" as mike is talking to the host, my eyes adrift, i notice a familiar face, it's ad, he's sitting inside at a table, i thought he must have been meeting up with the guy he'd spoken about having to go see. though when i looked closer, it was a woman, there must be some sort of reason i think before i watch him reaching across the table to hold her hand. i was taken aback, staring in awe, mike must have caught on as he'd already grabbed my arm and pulled me away, i pulled my arm away from his grasp beginning to walk the other way, tears flowed down my cheeks.

"i'm going home" i cry
"y/n, please just get in the car, it's getting dark"
i ignore him and continue walking, i hear a car door slam as foot steps approach quickly behind, mike grabs my hand, spinning me to look at him.
"please, y/n"
he turns back towards the car, i follow distraught. he leads me to the passenger door, opening it for me, while easing me into the car. i sit staring blankly at the windows of the restaurant, though blurry from the tears in my eyes. i look up at the rear view mirror, noticing my makeup had began to run slightly, i wipe my face as mike gets into the car, taking off almost instantly. the ride was silent as he drove through suburbs i'd never seen.
"just take me home, mike. please."
"i just want to show you a place first."

a few more minutes had passed when i felt the car jolt to a stop. mike jumped out quickly, running around and opening the door, helping me out.
"please, mike. i just want to go home. i'm not in the mood"
"trust me" he says as he grabs my hand leading me up onto the footpath,
"close your eyes"
i sigh, as i close my eyes, still holding his hand.
after a couple of seconds, the noise of which feels like an elevator, coming to a stop, the doors slide open.
"don't peek" he states as he puts his hands over my eyes.
"what is this mike" i chuckle. i feel the cool breeze brush against me,
"it's cold" i say,
mike takes his hands off my eyes, placing his jacket over my shoulders
"okay open your eyes"
as i open my eyes, i'm met with thousands of city lights, from here i could see all of new york.
"mike..this is beautiful"
"aren't you glad you stayed with me?"
we walked closer to the edge, sitting down together. i turn to mike who is looking out at the city, i'd never noticed how his eyes glistened in the moonlight. he looks over to me, i quickly glance the other way.
"y/n..."
i look back to him, with glassy eyes. we stared for a moment, unsure of what to do now, mike began leaning closer to me. i stand up quickly,
"it's getting late."
"oh- yeah" he replies, flustered, his face burning red.
"i don't think i can go home and face him" i mumble
"it's okay, you can stay at mine?"
i look at mike, smiling.
"i would appreciate that"

___________________________

thanks for reading, hope you're enjoying the story so far, hopefully next chapter won't take as long.
f + k <3