part four

the sun beams through the cracks in the curtain, awaking me from my sleep. i sit up, stretching while realising i'm in mikes bed, i look around, confused where mike is. as if on queue i hear the faint noise of the shower turning off. i turn my head to the bathroom door as it opens, revealing mike wearing nothing but a towel around his waist.

"oh! you're awake" he says
"errrm..did we sleep together last night"
"no, i slept on the couch" he chuckles
he begins to walk to his dresser
"oh sorry, i'll leave"
"wait, i'll drive you home"
i smile, "okay, i'm just going to get some fresh air" i begin walking to the balcony door connected to his room. i step out feeling the cool morning breeze fill my lungs. i wait a couple of minutes before mike joins me.

we stand silent for a moment
"how are you feeling?" mike asks
"i just don't get it" i reply slightly frustrated, "he was so nice after we got home from the party, and why did he lie about who he was with?"
mike sighs before his front door slams followed by a familiar voice.
"yo d!" adam yells before helping himself out to the balcony. he leans against the doorway looking over to me.
"are you okay y/n?" he questions.
i look over to mike who is looking back at me with a soft smile.
"you told him?" i snapped slightly.
"don't blame him" adam snaps back. "he's not the one who cheated on you."
i stand up quickly, irritated.
"you don't know what you're talking about adam. he didn't cheat." i attempt to shove past him but he grabs my arm pulling me back.
"look, y/n, im sorry. just let us take you home."
mike walks past grabbing his car keys.
"let's go."

——————————————

as the car pulls to the curb of the apartment ad and i shared, adam is quick to get out of the car. i anxiously follow, looking back to mike waiting in the car. when we get to the door, i take a moment to unlock it, my heart was pounding as i turned the lock, opening the door. adam pushed past me, looking around for ad. as i step forward to stop him, mike approaches from behind
"y/n you forgot your jacket"
i turn to grab the jacket from mike-
"-yo what the fuck!"
i hurry towards the bedroom, forcing adam out the way to see inside.
the jacket drops to the floor, as i see ad and another woman in our bed.
our bed.

ad scrambles out of the sheets in only his boxers, the woman stands up after him, clinging to his arm, dressed in my shirt. i stand unable to take my eyes off the two of them.
"it's not what it looks like"
adam shoves ad, "well looks like it to me"
"i fucking knew it" mike spat while shoving past us.
ad chuckles in his face, "knew what?"
the whole situation gets too much for me, the room was a wet blur through my eyes. as i turn to leave, adam follows, but we don't make it far before hearing the disturbance of fighting. i turn back swiftly.

"stop! stop fighting!" i shout while tears well up in my eyes. i try to step inward before a cold hand grasps my wrist stopping me.
"stop y/n, let them sort it out. i don't want you to get hurt"
i struggle as i watch the two men whom i love fight.

mike had ad pinned to the floor by now, he was relentlessly throwing punches to the boy beneath him. ad was weak, struggling to even get in the few hits that he'd had. his face was covered in blood, a busted lip a bruised eye and the same slit mike had previously given him, opened again. moments had passed, there was a break in the fight, adam had taken this as a chance to step in and break them apart. the room was a mess. as i looked around i'd locked eyes with ad, his face was bloody and bruised. he reaches his hand out towards mine.
"i'm sor-" he blurts before mike steps forward, shoving him out of the way and pulling me along with him.
before ad can take a step forward, adam stops him.
"don't."

the three of us leave the destroyed apartment, i didn't even worry about grabbing my things. as we get into the car, i begin sobbing loudly.
"adam, take me to my dads" i sniffle.
____________

THANKYOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR READING, there is so much more to come...
f + k <3