𝘛𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

• ஜ • ❈ • ஜ •

❝𝙈𝙖𝙮𝙗𝙚 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙖 𝙗𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙣 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙜𝙪𝙞𝙨𝙚. (𝙄 𝙨𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙢𝙮 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪)❞

-------

          Letting out a grunt, your hand grasped Kai's as he held it out for you, a worried look on his face the whole time. With nothing but a quick tug, Kai had managed to pull you up onto the moving train, the boy falling on his back while you landed to the side of him. You let out a huff of air as you sat still for a moment, trying to catch your breath once more.

Finally, you looked around the train cart, finding it empty besides you and the Ninja lying beside you. "Looks like the others train hopped to one of the other carts." Kai expressed, his voice breathy as he tried to catch it, still winded from the run to catch up with the train. "We could try and hop over to the cart they are in, but it would be risky." Turning over to face you, he blinked as he just merely stared at you, watching as you stared right back at him.

After a moment, the area started to get awkward and the feeling of Kai looking at you slowly started to worry you. "What... Is there something on me?" You asked the Fire user, reaching your hand up and rubbing your cheek with the back of your hand. Pulling your hand away, you noticed nothing staining your skin, making you wonder just what Kai was looking at.

It took him a minute, but eventually he shook his head and reassured you that there was nothing on your face. "No no, it's nothing, it's just... does your hair always do that?" Kai asked, pointing to the hair on your head, watching as you gave him an odd look. "It did that too when you were fighting, your eyes kinda glowed too but I thought it was from the ghost." He let out a nervous laugh as he explained everything, his eyes staying trained on your hair, wonder growing inside you.

Reaching upwards, you grabbed some of your back strands and pulled it forward, your eyes widening at the green glow they admitted. You let out a scream as you tossed your hair out of your hand, instantly covering your mouth after the noise escaped you. Peaking up at Kai, you noticed how he was fighting back a laugh at your reaction, watching as your face continued to heat up with embarrassment.

Swallowing a lump in your throat, you took your hands off your mouth and looked away from the Ninja. "I don't know why it's doing that..." You muttered as Kai just simply hummed, shifting his seating position into a more comfortable one. "Maybe it's my Elemental Powers?" You theorized, looking over at Kai in hopes that he had some kind of idea what was going on.

However, you quickly got an answer that he didn't' when he just simply shrugged and hummed, his eyes leaving yours for a moment. "Maybe, if so, that'd be pretty cool. None of our hair glows when we use our abilities." Deeply sighing, you flopped onto your back and looked up at the ceiling of the train cart, dragging Kai's attention back over towards you. "But uh, we'll figure it out! You said you weren't used to or confident in your Elemental Power's, right? Wu's the right person to ask for help, Misako might be able to research your abilities too, so don't fret." He tried his best to comfort you, hoping that you would agree and sit up to face him again. He really liked your eyes; they were captivating to him.

However, you continued to just lay there, confusing Kai as he had thought you had fallen asleep, only getting his answer when you groaned. "I just don't get it! I didn't even want to be a Ninja, I just wanted to be... well, me." Raising your hands up, you pressed them flat against your face as you rolled over to the side, your back facing Kai. "I only knew I had these powers a few years ago, and that was a great enough shock for me. I don't think I'm cut out for this hero work." You mumbled through your hands, Kai staying silent the whole time you spoke, taking in and absorbing everything you were saying.