Inherited Memories P2

"Hm, I see.." Yoriichi only nods upon hearing Y/N's answer, his hand lifting the cup he held up to his mouth before he takes a sip of his tea.

"I assume you have questions, yes?"

Y/N nods "..I do. If it's not a hassle, then would are you okay answering them?"

Yoriichi nodded "Of course. I don't mind. Ask away, I'm sure you have a lot.."

"Alright.." Y/N nodded before sighing, now rubbing his forehead "..Those memories I saw when I fought that demon. It felt like I "remembered" them, like it was once mine. It felt.."

".. Unusual to see.." Yoriichi continued before nodding "..Those memories. They're mine but at the same time, are yours also. We''re different but in some cases...are also the same.."

"..When you fought that Demon, in those final moments... it seems as though I was awakened inside your mind. My Soul that was once gone had come back. I...had come back.." Yoriichi places his cup down down and points his finger at Y/N "..Your me, Reincarnated. But our minds and soul are different.."

"..In the last moments of your fight. At that point, you now had two souls inside of you. The soul of Y/N Kamado and Me, Yoriichi Tsugikuni.."

"..It seems as though the only reason I had come back was I felt my work was unfinished against him. But now it seems I'm back, I've truly come back." The swordsman turned towards Y/N "..I don't wish to gain control of your body, no. You and I are different in Mind and Soul but our goals align.."

"..We both joined the Demon Slayers to Protect those who can't protect themselves and to Avenge those we couldn't save.." Yoriichi looks down briefly "..Before I died, I had a multitude of regrets. One, was unable to do anything to protect my Wife and Unborn Child. And two, was failing to slay that demon."

"..Maybe if I had done it, Slayers in your Generation wouldn't be burdened. But now, I've been given another chance.." Yoriichi looks up to Y/N "..Y/N Kamado.."

"..If we are both to Slay Muzan, we need each other. Our Strength, Our Minds, and Our Will. Please help me and in return, I will help you. What I wish for is to...Merge together. Both of us share a Vision and Both of us share the Body, we'll share the same movements and sensations. But only if we could truly achieve a great soul synchronization.."

Yoriichi took a deep breath before he now puts his hand forward for a handshake "..Y/N Kamado, do you accept this?"

Looking down at his hand, Y/N could only ponder his choices for a few seconds before he nodded, his own hand rasing up to grab and shake Yoriichi's

"..I accept."

──────────── ──────────── ────────────

A/N: Kept you waiting huh?

Anyways, sorry for the late Uploads, this book ain't done yet and in (probably) a few chapters (Depending on my motivation to write longer chapters) we'll finally reach Demon Slayer's Main Story