Chapter 2

After about a half hour of driving, they arrived at their destination.

"Oh my gosh. Is this really where we're going?" Taylor asked excitedly.

Karlie looked over at her and smiled as she parked the car. "Yep. I mean. That's why we're parking here." She said as she stuck her tongue out at Taylor.

"This is amazing. Why didn't you tell me we were going to the zoo? I would've brought my camera!" Taylor said.

"I told you. It was a surprise. And don't worry. I brought a camera. Plus we have our phones." Karlie replied with a smile.

"Well come on let's go! I want to see everything! I need my vitamin z!" Taylor shouted as she grabbed Karlie's hand and started running for the gates.

"Two please." Karlie told the teller.

"That'll be $25. Thank you, and enjoy your stay!"

"So, what do you want to see first?" Karlie asked as she looked over the map.

"Let's go this way. We can see the penguins first and just work our way around and see everything." Taylor said as she pointed the route on the map.

"Penguins it is." Karlie replied with a smile.

They walked hand in hand over to the Penguinarium.

"Is it weird that I actually like the fishy smell?" Taylor asked with a nervous laugh.

"Nope. Not weird at all. I'm learning all sorts of fascinating things about you today." Karlie replied with a grin.

They walked closer to the glass to get a better view of the penguins.

"Oh my gosh Karlie! Look at them! They're so cute." Taylor exclaimed.

Karlie laughed at Taylor's excitement. She had a lot planned for Taylor today and she was really glad Taylor seemed excited about the zoo. She wasn't sure if it was really her scene.

Taylor took out her phone and started recording a video of the penguins waddling around and swimming around in the water. One of the penguins seemed to be a little bit of a character. He kept diving and circling right in front of Taylor, playing it up for the camera.

"I think he likes you." Karlie said softly with a smile as she looked at Taylor.

"Well I like him too. He's really cute. He kind of reminds me of someone." Taylor replied coyly, as she inched closer to Karlie.

"Oh yea?" Karlie questioned.

"Yea. I mean, he's obviously the cutest one here. He's really playful, especially in front of a camera.." Taylor said with a shy smile.

"He's like a ball of energy, seems to be unusually happy, kind of has a crooked smile, and then those eyes. There's something about them, I could get lost in them." Taylor said, a steady blush growing on her cheeks as she glanced up at Karlie.

A cute smile was spread across Karlie's face as she looked over at Taylor. Their eyes locked on to each other.

"Sounds like you really like this one." Karlie replied, getting lost in the deep blue shade of Taylor's eyes.

Taylor shyly nodded her head. "Let's get a picture." She said.

Karlie smiled and held up the camera. "Ready?"

Taylor nodded and leaned in for Karlie to take the picture. Taylor turned to her side, wrapping her arms around Karlie's waist, and leaned her forehead against Karlie's.

Karlie wrapped her arm around Taylor's back and had the biggest smile on her face as she took the picture.

They snapped a few more with their phones.