Chapter 4

Not long after the sun disappeared below the horizon, they felt rain drops.

"You ready to head back to the car?" Karlie asked.

The rain started coming down harder as they both stood up.

Taylor nodded her head and held onto her beanie as they took off running hand in hand.

About half way back to the car, Karlie stopped and told Taylor get on her back, remembering that Taylor had heels on.

Karlie squatted down and let Taylor jump on her back. Taylor wrapped her legs around Karlie's waist and her arms around her shoulders. Karlie locked her arms under Taylor's thighs.

"Hold on tight." Karlie shouted as she took off running.

They made it back to the car but before Karlie could grab the door, Taylor leaned against the door and smile at Karlie. Karlie looked at Taylor with a confused look on her face.

Taylor looked up at the sky, the rain continuing to pour down on them. Then she looked shyly down at the ground as she whispered, "Dance with me?"

Karlie didn't really hear what Taylor had said. The rain was coming down pretty hard, and Taylor wasn't looking at her when she said it. She wasn't sure what Taylor had asked, so she simply smiled at Taylor and squeezed her hand to get her to try again.

"Will you dance in the rain with me?" Taylor asked, her voice more secure this time.

Karlie's smile stretched all the way across her face as she looked into Taylor's eyes. Karlie bowed and extended her hand to Taylor.

"May I have the honor of dancing with you?"

Taylor smiled and nodded as she said "Nothing would make me happier."

Karlie pulled her in close and they started dancing in the rain. They started off slow dancing, but Karlie held her hand up for Taylor to twirl around her a few times. Karlie even spun Taylor out to the side a few times, only to pull her back in closer than before.

It didn't matter that they were freezing and absolutely soaked. There was a certain closeness and intimacy they shared with their dance. Karlie was holding onto Taylor so tight. They laughed and spun and danced in the rain, completely getting lost in each other's arms and enjoying the moment.

Karlie smiled down at Taylor and they continued to dance. A loud crack pulled them out of their moment as a flash of lightning lit up the night sky.

Karlie ushered Taylor towards the car and once again held the door for Taylor.

As Karlie got in, she remembered the towels she had packed in her bag. Luckily when they reloaded the car, they put that bag in the back seat.

She pulled out towels for herself and Taylor to dry off with.

"Are you ok?" Karlie asked as she dried herself off.

"Yea. I mean, I look like a wet dog, but other than that, I'm great." Taylor said with a laugh.

Karlie let out a light laugh. "Do you want water or anything? We still have some food left if you're hungry."

"No I'm good. Although you might need to start cranking the heat. I think I'm colder now than I was when I had my hand on the ice wall." Taylor said with a giggle.

Karlie leaned into the back again and pulled out one of the blankets from earlier. She gestured for Taylor to lean forward and Karlie tried wrapping her up in the blanket as best she could.

Taylor looked over at Karlie and shook her head as she smiled. "This girl is too much." Taylor thought to herself.

Karlie began driving back to Taylor's apartment. She couldn't believe the day was already over. Karlie ran her fingers through her hair, trying to get the knots out and keep the wet hair out of her face.