002

Jay's POV :
I should've go to my class right now, but here i am. My feet still stick to the ground in front of the principal office. I don't know why but i have this feeling that i still want to accompany the new kid. Sunoo... the more i think of him, the more i find him cute.
Cute? Geez jay, snap out of it!
But he is indeed cute though. He looks so small, especially because of his oversized jacket. His hair looks so soft and fluffy, it even bounces a little while he was walking making him even cuter. Talking about his walking, i noticed he walks a little bit like a penguin. Recalling that make me chuckled a bit. And how his eyes shaped when he smiled.
I feel my cheek getting hot while thinking of him. Am i blushing?
But, why was he wearing a mask though? Is he feeling unwell? Shouldn't he just take a rest then?
Drowning on my own thoughts, suddenly the principal's office door opened revealing Sunoo, he seem shocked finding me still standing here.
"J-Jay-ssi? W-why you still h-here?"
The amount of his stuttering just gave it away that he really is shocked upon seeing me still here.
And i'm no better anyway. I'm internal panicking, hurriedly try to think of a believable excuse. I mean, i didn't expect myself would be thinking about him that much to the point that i didn't move myself from my previous spot.
"I uh...... i was thinking.., that.." Ugh! Why is it so hard to think of an excuse?!
His round eyes even looks so cute when he's trying to listening to me, and honestly? His cute eyes kinda distracts me.
He's still standing and waiting patiently for me to finish my sentence, and now i really have to find an excuse.
I clear my throat, "well, what i was meant to say is, i'm still waiting for you to help you find your class. You got your schedule, right?"
He nodded, "yes i got it, b-but you don't have to, i don't want you to be late. Besides, you helped me a lot already."
"Nah it's fine. I'm gonna help you anyway. What's your first period?"
He then look at his schedule, "uuhh... it's math"
"Alright, let's go, shall we?"

He's following behind me. The hallway's kinda crowded right now and i actually afraid that he might be lost and couldn't keep up with my pace. So i slowed down a little bit for him. Thankfully his class isn't that hard to find and he's not late for his first class.
"There you go. Good luck on your first class, and i hope you'll like it here"
"T-Thank you again Jay-ssi. I'm sorry for bothering y-you so much this morning"
"Hey come on, i already said it's not a problem and no need to be so formal!" I laughingly said.
And much to my surprise, despite his mask, i can see and hear him giggling because of what i said.
The sound of his giggle... why it sounds so pleasant?
"A-alright then, i'm going in now Jay... thank you again", he said while smiling.
I'm still awestruck by his giggling and him smiling, "y-yeah...b-bye Sunoo"
Then he goes inside. I walking away as well to my class, not wanting to be late.

Sunoo's POV :
Thankfully i'm not late and haven't encounter any problem here. Even though i feel bad for burdening Jay so much this morning.
Thinking of Jay, he's so kind and nice. Not to mention, handsome as hell. It must be fun having Jay as a friend, remembering his nice and easy-going personality.
Friend, huh? What an imaginary word for me. I snickered a bit. How dare of me thinking having a friend?
Come on Sunoo, get a grip! Just graduate peacefully and don't associate again with people. It's a relief already that you didn't cause a problem with your first human interaction in this school.
Suddenly, i heard someone speaks, "uhh.. hello? I've never seen you before in this class. Are you new here?"
He looks handsome and cute at the same time, and resembles a cat. I noticed he has dimples while he asking me with a smile.
"Y-yeah, this is my first day here actually", i answer sheepishly.
He then extended his hand and said, "my name is Jungwon, may i know yours?".
I slowly reaching his hand and shaking it a little, "my name's Sunoo".
"Sunoo, it's nice meeting you! I hope we can be friends!", said this guy named Jungwon while he still shaking my hand excitedly.
But what did he said? Friends? How can i befriend him? I don't want him has a friend like me. It's gonna be a troublesome for him. But he said it so nicely, i don't have a heart to say no.
But.... i have to reject him. Remember your life Sunoo.
Don't drag really nice people in it.
Besides, after knowing you, who knows how they'll react?
It looks like he realized that there's something wrong upon my silent, he slowly put my hand down and ask, "i'm sorry, have i said something wrong? Or am i making you uncomfortable? My friends said that i sometimes gets excited so easily and it could annoy people"
Looking at him reminds me of my old self. So eager of making new friends and engage in conversation with people.
But now i'm feeling guilty. I shake my head a little and answer him, 'n-no, there's nothing wrong. I j-just spaced out. No need to think about it"
He sighs in relief, "oh thank god! I'm afraid that i might be giving you a bad first impression. Especially on your first day of school!"
And then thankfully the teacher come to the class and we all focus on the lesson.

I'm sorry for the slow updates and the slow burn of the story😭
But hey, i'm back and please let me know what you think of this story!☺️