Chapter twelve

CHAPTER TWELVE: code breaker

░▒▓█►─═ Ⴆʅσσԃყ ɱαɾყ ═─◄█▓▒░

MARYAM ATHENA PEREZ HAD TAKEN MUCH LONGER TO ARRIVE AT THE HALE HOUSE THEN SHE WOULD HAVE LIKED. Sadly, and to her shame, something she would never admit, she tripped various times. She would forget that she wasn't wearing her normal set of clothing, typically a pair of pants and a shirt, instead of a dress, and trip over the dress ending.

The dress was barely longer then her own body.

Her head snapped up when hearing the sound of a loud howl. Coming from inside the house. "Derek." She breathed out before running into the house.

She hadn't ever been in the Hale house.

The girl ran around widely, reaching for Derek in every room. When she was kicked down.

She grunted, hitting the floor. She looked up at the hunter, who had a gun aimed at her head. "Oh, fuck." She raised her hand up, knocking the gun from the man's hands before she quickly stood up, only now, a handgun was pointed at her. "Who the fuck are you? Fucking Deuce Martinez with guns?"

The hunter doesn't shoot her, tilts his head to he side in confusion. When suddenly, he falls to the ground. Behind him, stood Scott, a hand reaching down and pulling Mary up. "Are you okay?"

"Holy shit," Mary speaks. "You're not a total coward, we need to find Derek."

"Already got him," Scott says.

"You left him alone?" Mary asked, incredulous.

"He said you were here and he'd catch up-" Scott began to reason.

"Mary!" Derek yelled out, trying to follow the two voices.

"Derek!" Mary rushed over. "Are you okay?"

"Aside from the electrocuting," Derek sarcastically replied.

"Right...dumb question. Let's just go."

The walked out of the house, Derek's breathing off. As they climbed the small hill, the man spoke. "Hold on. Hold on. Hold on," Derek breathed out. He looked around them. "Something doesn't feel right."

Scott looks around as well, confused and worried. "What do you mean?"

"I don't know. It was...it was kind of like it was-"