chapter four

MY MOUTH HANGS wide open as I stared at Jamal. This is not happening. Maybe I'm imagining him so I blink multiple times trying to clear my eyes. No! he's still right in front of me.

Surprise also written all over his face.

"Is there a problem?" Mr Johnson questioned as he looked between Jamal and I. "Do you guys know each other?"

"No! Not at all. I don't know him. I'm just amazed at how impressive everything is." I lied pointing around the room.

"Well that's good. You guys should get to know each other." Proceeding to leave, he called out to the male staff in the room "Barrett can I have word with you in my office."

After both men left, the other female staff with blonde hair introduced herself shaking my hand. "Hi I'm Janet Jones."

Shyly I replied her "Charlotte Larson, nice to meet you."

With a warm smile she remarked " you don't need to be shy. Let me properly introduce you to Adams."

With that she pulled me towards the treatment bed where Jamal laid down. His eyes were wide like he couldn't believe he was actually seeing me.

Screaming at myself, I wondered what I should do and how I should react. Honestly this is the worst surprise of my life. Why? Why? Did I agree to go to that party. Why did I even agree to follow him. Must have been the alcohol. Yes it's the alcohol, oh lord what have I put myself into. He must think that I planned this. No! I will have to......

"Charlotte, are you okay?" My anxious train of thoughts were cut short by Janet's voice. Her eyes filled concern wondering why I spaced out. What did she ask me? I wondered looking at her with wide eyes.

"I'm sorry, what were you saying again?" I asked, cause honestly I didn't hear a word of what she was saying.

"I was introducing you to Adams here." She explained pointing to the man seated upright on the treatment bed. Oh right, if only she knew he is the cause of my dilemma.

"Oh okay, hi I'm Charlotte Larson." I waved a little cause I don't know what to do in this situation. It's so awkward being introduced to someone you know already. He waved back at me with a little smile or you could call it a smirk on his lips " Jamal."

Wow he found this funny. Why will he find this funny when what we had could make me lose this job straight away.

I keep my face straight pretending I don't know him.

Janet laughed a little "well that's Adams for you. Let me get his report so you can go through it."

With that she left the room. No! Don't leave me here all alone with him.

Wait, did she just say Adams. Adams as in the same player the pundits were talking about on the radio. Lord why didn't he tell me his full name that night. I would have known and not do anything with him. And how comes I didn't recognise him; influence of alcohol. Damn!

I turn to look at him. SERIOUSLY?! How didn't I recognise him.

" Fancy seeing here after you ran away that morning." Jamal smirked

My brain screamed pretend you don't know what he is talking about.

"I'm sorry, what do you mean."

Surprise written all over Jamal's face. " you don't remember me."

I give him a blank face pretending I don't know what he is talking about.

Surprise turns to disbelief as he added " friday night, remember you wore a black mini dress. We danced together and then you know....." His face flushed recoiling the things that happened that day.