3. Flight fear

A/N
Hiya!! So, before this start, I just wanted to say thank you sm for the likes and little bits of support! It might not seem like much to me, but I lose motivation really really quickly, and any piece of support means the world to me, so tysvm!! Also, just a quick reminder some people may not be entirely in character, and have slightly different personalities, that's all! I am so, so sorry that this chapter took so long!! I lost all of my motivation lol. That may happen alot. Sorry again, Thanks for reading! <33

-------------------

"Isn't this exciting, Goh?! We get to go to Alola! Wow, Alola.. it's been so long! You'll love it, promise!"
"Are you sure..? I mean, I don't know the people there like you do, Ash.."
"Sure you will! They're the best! Also, the pokémon and sights there are a must see!"
"Well.. if you say so.." Goh chuckled nervously, fiddling with his fingers in his pockets.

The truth was, Goh didn't like flights, not at all. He never had, despite the fact he'd only been on one once, and it was for a vacation with his family and Chloe, he still hated it nonetheless.

But, he wouldn't tell Ash that, not in a million years. He'd feel awful if he killed Ash's excitement like that over a silly fear. He'd waited so long for this trip, after all, and Goh didn't want to be the person to ruin that, especially to Ash of all people.

And so, he stayed silent about it. But of course, Ash could sense something was off about Goh. He always could, really.

For example, he was much, much quieter than usual. Normally, given an opportunity to go and catch entirely new pokémon he'd be practically bouncing off the walls with excitement, but not this time.

But why? Why not this time? Ash wondered. What was the difference? Did something happen?

And so, he decided to ask.

"Goh, are you alright? You seem..off.." Ash frowned in concern, but he didn't get an answer, so he asked again, a bit firmer this time.

"Goh?" He tapped his shoulder to grab his attention, and Goh shrieked out of shock and whirled around sharply.

"Ash! Don't scare me like that!" He whined in embarrassment.
"Oh, heh, sorry Goh, didn't mean to. But, uh.. are you ok? You didn't hear me when I called your name... and you're awfully silent. Did something happen?"

Goh internally panicked and quickly scrambled for an answer that wasn't 'oh yeah, I actually have a huge fear of flights because who wouldn't when those flying metal beasts could crash or fail any second and you have no idea how it works and you're thousands of meters in the sky, but no, I'm fine apart from that!' And so he just went with;

"Yep! Just peachy! Just uh.. didn't get enough sleep last night.." Ash frowned, but still seemed to take this for an answer anyways.
"Well, if you say so.. You can just sleep on the plane then! It's quite the flight from here to Alola."

And, because he thought he didn't have reason to ponder on it any longer, Ash dropped it. He went back to smiling and chatting about all sorts of god knows what, but all Goh's mind could focus on was the churning in his stomach and the fact his hands were trembling slightly as they got closer and closer to the airport. He quickly shoved his hands in his pockets and looked around, trying to ease his mind.

The airport wasn't very busy right now, most people would be in school, and it wasn't really holiday season, which of course made it the perfect time to go.

It was a smooth journey through the airport. They got out of the car, thanked the taxi driver that had brought them there, and went inside.

It was huge inside! And they had a lot of time to spare, so they decided to go and grab a bite to eat, and by the time they were done that and had gone through check-ins and security it'd be just about time to get on.