Chapter 3

Vishwanath Saaho opened his eyes to the familiar room which he had been living in for the past fifty years.

However, the tubes and the beeping machines along with a group of uniformed nurses was an unfamiliar sight. He pulled off the mask from his face and was about to demand that the machines be cleared from his room, but his voice didn't seem to work.

He was just about to call for a nurse when his eyes fell on his family who had just joined him inside the room. Vinita, his dear daughter-in-law who was more like a daughter to him, had a worried look on her face. As usual, nothing could be read from Rajesh and Vikram's expression. And Vishal's ever-present smirk or smile was absent as well. What the hell had happened?

"I hope you're feeling better now, Papa," Vinita said in a gentle tone.

Vishwanath nodded.

"Do you recall having a stroke during the meeting?" Rajesh asked.

Vishwanath just shrugged.

Rajesh and Vinita didn't say it aloud, but Vishwanath was reminded of all the times in recent years when they had both demanded that he take it slow when it came to his workload. But years of habit were hard to let go.

Even though Vishwanath appeared to be cool and accepting on the outside, he felt a bit shaken on the inside with the news of his stroke. Not because of death which he knew at his age was inevitable. It was because his stroke meant there wasn't as much time as he thought he would have. And there was a good possibility that he could die without making amends.

Some of his panic must have conveyed on his face.

"I would like everyone to step out for a while and give my family some privacy." At Vikram's order, the group of nurses stepped out.

Vishwanath slowly tried to sit up. Immediately, Vikram and Vishal helped him and placed a few pillows at his back until he was seated comfortably on the bed. Vishwanath's eyes fell on both his grandsons. Pride filled him as always. Although Vikram and Vishal were very different in temperament, they were both known in the business world for achieving success in whatever tasks they took upon themselves. Vikram was more like him, firm and demanding, while Vishal was a charismatic charmer who got things done through his oratory skills.

Slowly an idea took root in Vishwanath's mind. And unlike all the other times in the last three years, he felt a twinge of hope. He directed his eyes towards his office desk. Vinita understood immediately and brought him the book along with a pen.

With badly shaking hands, he began to write on the paper.

Vikram and Vishal. I need your help.