The day after

Regulus:

Yesterday was awesome. James was awesome. Regulus hated the crowds, but he did it because he wanted to hear James.

And he did. Regulus was still a bit shocked about being in the spotlight like that, but he could get over that. Because James Potter saw him as a friend.

A month ago, the idea of even meeting James was absurd, and now Regulus was James's friend. Or so James had said at least.

Regulus wasn't sure how good it was that James considered Regulus as a friend. After all, Regulus could still turn out to be a stalker, murderer, or something like that. Of course, he knew that he wasn't, but there was no chance for James to know.

And yes, James had known Sirius in school, but that didn't mean that Sirius couldn't have sold James out or changed into a bad or more likely worse person since they had last met.

Obviously, that all wasn't true.

So why did Regulus worry? Why did he even give a shit about it? James was probably well aware of how to live his life. He had been living it for long enough to know how.

Still, it just didn't sit right with Regulus. He wondered if James being so trustful caused him a lot of harm in the past or how much harm it might cause him in the future.

But James had Peter, he had Alive, who seemed to know just how to keep James safe, despite him obviously being against it, and he had now Sirius back, and Sirius could be protective, although he could also be a bit childish and very stupid and naive at times, so who knows how much that would actually help him in the end.

In the end, it was still James's eyes. Regulus shouldn't be so overprotective of the celebrity. He met four days ago. Even if he had admired him for years at this point.

There was a knock on his bedroom door, and Regulus went to open it, expecting to find Sirius on the other side. But to his surprise there was a boy he hadn't met before. He had dark blonds, almost brown hair and brown eyes. Regulus scanned him with a death glare.

"Sorry." The boy said, sensing that Regulus did not feel like talking to him at all or trusted him for that matter. "I am Amos. I am doing the lights in James's shows while he is in London."

"And why should I trust you and not kill you this second?" Regulus asked. Amos was definitely taller than him, okay a lot taller than him, but that didn't mean Regulus couldn't kill him if he wanted to.

"I..Uh," Amos seemed taken back, "Sirius said I should get you down for breakfast? I am sorry if I interrupted anything."

"And what exactly is the man working on lights for James' show doing here?" Regulus asked suspicious of the whole conversation. Sure, James had said, "Amos." Yesterday before, the lights turned on to put them in the spotlight, but over 200 people were there yesterday, which meant nothing.

Amos got very red in the face and mumbled: "Just breakfast is ready. That's all." Then he turned and left.

Regulus heard him go downstairs and sighed. What the fuck was going on now?! He put away his headphones, which he was about to put on. When his door opened.

"Are you jealous?" Sirius's voice appeared in his door.

Regulus turned around and sighed. "What do you mean?"

"You were mean to Amos who slept with James and is going on a date with him today. You have been a fan of James for years. You look at him like he is the best fucking person on the planet, like he hung all the stars in the sky and like he is the fucking sun himself." Sirius said.

Regulus wasn't mean to Amos because he slept with James or would go on a date with him today. He wasn't even aware of that till now. To the other thing. Yes, maybe he felt butterflies in his stomach whenever he was close to James. Maybe he thought James was the coolest and best person on the planet. But that is a very reasonable reaction to your favorite celebrity living in your house.

"First of all, I do not." Regulus said. "Second of all, I was rude to Amos because I don't know who the fuck he is and he knocked on the door of my room in my house. Sorry that i dont just immediately trust the dude."

"It is OUR house, Reg. I also pay the bills. And we both live here." Sirius said.

"Sure, Sirius. Keep telling that to yourself." Regulus said, giving his cheek a few slaps that, in any other case, would count as reassuring.

"Dick head." Sirius mumbled, swatting Regulus's hand away.

There was one question in his mind, but he was afraid that asking it, would make Sirius think its a question asked out of jealousy, and by the way his brother looked at Regulus he didn't want to give Sirius another reason to assume that.

So, instead, Regulus pushed past Sirius and headed downstairs. With Sirius, only seconds later, trotting behind him.

He arrived at the kitchen to find Remus, James, and this Amos dude sitting there, having a light and friendly conversation. Regulus sat down without a word, and Sirius sat down in the seat next to Remus.

"I've got the little devil." Sirius said, grinning.

"If you call me that, you sound like a super uncool dad. And I have told you MANY times that I don't like it." Regulus was glaring at Sirius.

"Anyway, I think this young man should apologize for his behavior." Sirius said.

"I don't know what you are talking about, Sirius. I can't think of a single thing I could apologize for." Regulus shot back.

"Oh, Reggie, there are many things you would have to apologize for. But right now, I am talking about your behavior towards Amos." Sirius said now, his expression turning, well, serious.

"Oh no, that's not necessary." Amos threw in.

"See? It isn't necessary." Regulus said, grabbing a piece of bread.

The rest of the breakfast Regulus didn't speak much. The others spoke a lot, though. Just friendly conversation, a lot of laughter, trying to include Regulus from time to time. It was annoying how well everyone understood each other, especially with Amos. He was STILL a stranger.

Afterward, he decided to head to his room. There, he threw himself on his bed. Usually, he would read, but he decided to watch h some Tik Toks.

He saw many edits of James. Which was usual. But as he swiped through his fyp, he saw an edit of Sirius and himself. He was absolutely shocked.

He wouldn't have suspected that at all. Seeing himself in an edit, but here he was.

And with that, he had enough of Tik Tok. He put away his phone and read for the rest of the day.

______________________________________

Short chapter. This is the second fan fic I am writing where James has a (short) thing with Amos. I don't even know why I do it, I don't particularly ship them or anything.

Anyway, I hope you've enjoyed this chapter. And I will see you in the next one.