kill yr. idols

PROLOGUE:kill yr

PROLOGUE:
kill yr. idols, sonic death
it's the end of the world
and confusion is sex

you open the curtains of your window and let the remaining sunlight of the day come in. sitting upside down, your feet tap repeatedly rhythmically against the wall. you are 10 years old, and the mourning doves are making their calls.

having just moved in a few months ago in the summer, the fall chill required you to wear layers inside. well, until your mom can afford to get you your own personal space heater. you hide your hands up in the cuffs of your sweater and feel the chill of the window through your feet.

speak of the devil, here she comes knocking on your door. "sweetie! dinner's ready, i have your plate right here."

"coming."

you rub your eyes and open the door to your mom, whose eyebags have gotten more prominent. you know it's because of that damn second job, but you also know better than to nag her about it.

"mom, y'know i could just grab my plate from downstairs."

"i know... but then you wait too long and your plate gets cold."

you smile at her. "i like it cold anyways."

you walk back to your window, sitting upside down like you did before, shoveling rice into your mouth. eating with your hands was a skill you mastered, not a crumb could escape from your grubby fingers.

"how was school today?" your mom approaches you and crouches down to your level. you can't help but smile up at her, somehow her radiance exudes into the physical world as you see a golden halo around her. your mom, a fucking angel she is.

"nothing happened. didn't really talk much, except i answered a question and got it wrong. then, cartman laughed so i kicked his chair."

"what?! honey, did you—"

"nope! didn't get in trouble." a cheeky grin plastered your face. "he knows not to tell on me."

your mother looks at you with such sweet but concerning eyes, "could you tell me why?"

"i know his big secret." you tap your finger to your lips. "the secret? i cannot tell you."

finally, your mom sighs and picks herself back up, "can't believe i've raised such a mischievous child." she weakly chuckles to herself, tired as she was. "i know daddy did too."