Cinder

Cinder's POV

  " Cinder? Cinder wake up."   

Cinder rolled over towards the wall and fake snored. " I'm asleep."  She whispered. " Don't wake me up." 

" Uh huh. Precisely. So how are you speaking to me right now?" Kai asked

" Sleep-talking. Duh."   

"  Well that's a shame. I'm just gonna have to leave you here while we go battle crazy wolves and crazy queens." 

"  Aw. It's a shame I'm gonna miss out on that. Tell me all about it when you get back."  

" Unfortunately, you're gonna have to come with, being the real queen and all."  

"  I dont wannntt to!" Cinder told him, pulling his pillow over her head. 

"  Come on Cinder, Iko's gonna come looking for you and she'll blow her sensers if she finds you in here." 

" Ugh true. And then everybody will know and then it will be awkward."   Cinder said yawning and sitting up. 

" Lil' Miss.Awkward.  C'mon, I'll give you a piggyback ride."  Kai said sitting down on the bed. Cinder crawled over and climbed unto his back, leaning her head on his shoulder. Kai walked out of the room and down the hallway. Cinder looked down at her outfit-Ratty cargo pants and a black tank-top and sighed. She had literally been wearing  the same thing since she'd got on this ship. 

 " I really need some new clothes."  Cinder stated. Kai chuckled.

"  When we finish saving the world I'll buy you a whole new wardrobe. The queen's gonna need more than cargo pants."  

" Everybody keeps saying that." 

" How you only wear cargo pants? Who told you that?"  

" No. How everything starts with "when we finish saving the world". What if we don't save the world? What if we mess up? And whats wrong with my cargo pants?"  

"  There's nothing wrong with your cargo pants."    He reassured. " And we will. You have to have faith Cinder. Everything will turn out in the end, I promise."  

" But-" Kai didn't let her finish though, He let her down and kissed her. " Stop worrying. Your aunt rules Luna with fear and glamour. Even Thorne would be a welcome change on the moon. Besides, it's quite obvious that you aren't like Levana. Everything will be fine."  

"  But what about Winter? What are we going to do about her? She's not dead, but she isn't alive either. Not really."  

" Cinder you don't need to worry about every single problem and person in the world at once. You'll have wrinkles by 20. Just take one thing at a time. Remember, you're not alone in this."  

Cinder sighed. "  Alright."   She whispered. 

" Allright"   He said, kissing her on the forehead. "  Now we really need to get going. Thorne and Scarlet, the bossy things, Made me go get you a half hour ago."  

"  Yeah, and it should've token you 5 minutes."   Scarlet said coming down the hallway. "  I was just coming to go get you."   

" Sorry. We were coming."   Cinder said walking ahead of Scarlet to the main area of the rampion. 

"  Oh I'm sure you were."  Scarlet replied mischievously, digging her elbow into Cinders side.

" We were."   Cinder insisted. " Now what do you need? I was sleeping." 

Scarlet gave her one more look of disbelief and told her that they were almost to Luna.  " We'll be there pretty soon." She said. Thorne was sitting on the floor with Cress looking at something on her portscreen. Jacin was driving the ship. Even from here, Cinder could see that he was shaken with grief.