Chapter 3: Meet the Kurans

One week has passed since Dianna's life took a 180 degree turn from ordinary to bizarre. Being fake married to Hollywood's playgirl was not an easy task but Dianna has to endure it if she wants a shot in Hollywood. Reading the newspaper, Dianna realizes this 'marriage' might take longer than a year, the tabloids are still printing bad, if not offending, news about her 'wife'. Last Friday Jana was seen at a local bar drunk and wasted. The blonde wanted nothing more than to yell or scream at the frustration she's feeling.

"Seriously, how hard is it for an actress to pretend to be a good girl?" she mumbles angrily. She drops the paper on the table rubbing her temples to ease the upcoming headache.

"Why would they want to meet my fake wife?" she hears the now familiar voice say before the devil herself comes into view.

"Because even if you two are fake married, your family still wants to meet your 'wife'". Emily says exasperatedly being tired of explaining the reason to Jana for the past half hour. Jana all but groans loudly which Dianna notices when the actress was either angry or really frustrated; she's guessing it was both.

"They do know about the whole deal right?" Jana asks.

"Yes. Still your dad and sister wants you two to spend the weekend with them. So if I were you, I'll stop whining and start packing" Emily shooes Jana before turning to Dianna. "You're father and sister-in-law" she quotes "wants to meet you. Don't worry they're both nice people" Emily adds. Dianna blinks before nodding her head.

"I wonder where she got her personality" Dianna mumbles but Emily hears it seeing as the older woman laugh.

"I keep wondering that too" she says.

"Is she always this hard?" the blonde asks the manager.

"No" Emily shakes her head. "You better go pack some clothes for the weekend" Dianna doesn't further question and stands to go pack some clothes.

The two women arrive at Jana's family house. Dianna was impressed to say, with the architectural design of the house or maybe it was a mansion? Either way it was one of the most beautiful houses she's seen.

"Welcome Ms Jana. Your father's waiting for you in his study" an old man greets them taking their bags. If the exterior of the house was beautiful, the interior was just breathtaking. It holds the ancient and modern day Japanese culture.

"Come on. You can have your sight seeing later" Jana says with her usual smug tone. Dianna rolls her eyes following Jana to what she assumes as Mr Kuran's study. Once inside the room, a handsome man smiles walking up to them. Dianna guesses his around 40 or something.

"So good to see you again my princess" the man's voice was smooth and it sends shivers down Dianna's spine.

"Touchan, it's good to see you too" Jana says kissing her dad's cheek.

"And this must be the lady who agreed to such conditions" Jared Kuran moves to Dianna hugging the girl. "How are you Ms Agron?" Dianna taken aback by the surprise hug takes a minute to answer.

"I'm doing fine sir. How about you?" she asks politely. Jared laughs at the formality.

"Dianna you're part of the family now. You can call me touchan or tousan or dad" Dianna blushes. "I'm doing perfectly well especially now knowing such a beautiful lady is taking care of my incorrigible daughter" Jared says making his daughter scoff while Dianna chuckles.

"Gee, thanks Touchan" Jana says sarcastically.

"It is true, am I right Dianna?" Dianna nods. "I like her already" Jared teases his youngest who rolls her eyes. "Come, your sister will be arriving soon" with that Jared leads the two back to the living room and waited for the older Kuran to arrive. Soon Jillian Kuran arrives at her family's house bringing with her her 7-year-old son Jaycee.

"Grandpa!" the boy runs excitedly to his grandfather.

"Touchan" Jillian greets kissing her dad's cheeks. Jaycee then sees his favorite aunt and runs to Jana.

"Aunt Jana!" he laughs as he's being lift up in the air.

"Hey squirt" Jana greets ruflfing his curly brown hair.

"I'm not a squirt anymore aunt J" Jaycee argues grinning. Dianna watches in pure amazement and sees for the first time Jana's genuine smile.

"You still are" Jana kisses his forehead before turning to her sister.

"Careful J. He claims he's growing a mustache" Jillian laughs hugging her younger sister. "And you must be the unlucky lady who was unfortunately chosen by Emily to be part of this act" Jillian says to the blonde woman. Jana gapes at her while Dianna couldn't help but agree to such statement. "I'm really sorry for dragging you into this. I also apologize for my sister's incorrigible behavior" Jana glares at Jillian, was she really incorrigible? She huffs mentally.

"It's nice to meet you. Don't worry, I think I can handle her" Dianna and Jillian exchanged pleasantries before settling down on the couches.