Chapter 10: Cause She Deserves Better

They have been married for seven months now, the tabloids about Jana are becoming lesser and lesser. The two have been seen going to parties together and they are getting ready for another party tonight. Jana wants Dianna to meet her friends in the industry to jump start her career. Everything is going smoothly for them. As Jana waits for Dianna to finish getting ready, she gets approach by Jake who whistles at her making her roll her eyes.

"Seriously J, if I didn't treat you like my sister I would've dated you by now" Jake states looking her up and down.

"That's disturbing Jake" Jana says teasingly. She was wearing a black strapless dress that accentuated her curves with red heels, her hair was let down while she wears light make up. "Besides, you're not my type" she teases making Jake feign hurt. Before they could continue, Dianna walks out of the room wearing a black and blue strapless dress with black heels and her hair was in a loose bun style. Jana's eyes can't help but roam the blonde's body.

"You're drooling" Jake whispers getting a hard smack on his arm. "Ow!" he exclaims rubbing the sore spot, he knew Jana's ability to smack someone silly if she wanted to.

"You look...wow" Jana says as Dianna smiles at her.

"Thanks. You look wow yourself" Dianna responds getting that smile again.

"We should get going" Jana suggests her eyes lock on Dianna's.

"We should" Dianna states and the two of them walk out of the house to the car with Jake and Emily trailing behind them.

"Jana" James Cameron calls out to the actress who is currently talking to Meryl Streep. "So nice to see you" he adds.

"Nice to see you too Mr Cameron" Jana greets. "I'd like you to meet my lovely wife Dianna" she introduces the two before they engage in a conversation. Jana sees Tim Burton across the room excusing herself from the group.

"Hello Jana" the director greets as they exchange kisses.

"Hello Tim. How have you been?" Jana asks genuinely.

"Doing great. How about you Jana? It's been a year since we've seen each other"

"I've been trying to ward off some tabloids" Jana says sincerely. "I've got someone I'd like you to meet" Jana leads Tim to her group. "Tim I'd like you to meet Dianna, my wife" Jana introduces the two and safe to say, Dianna was starstruck.

"What a lovely wife you got here Jana" Tim shakes her hand winking at Jana.

"Yes she is" Jana says outloud before clearing her throat "Dianna here is actually a writer" Jana says making Dianna blush.

"Hmmm..how 'bout sending me some of your works" Tim says and Dianna was in cloud nine by that time. Dianna meets up with the rest of Jana's colleagues before Jana excuses herself from Dianna's side letting the writer talk to her friends.

"Jana?" a familiar voice says before she sees her long time friend Chloe Richards.

"Chlo...my god. Look at you" Jana says as they embrace.

"Look at YOU. You've turned into one fine woman Jana" Chloe says assessing her friend. "I can't believe you got married before me" she adds chuckling.

"What can I say, I'm full of surprises" Jana says smugly. The two friends reunite talking amongst themselves after years of not seeing each other before Chloe stops and looks over Jana's shoulder making the latter follow her gaze.

"Isn't that Alex your wife's ex boyfriend?" Chloe whispers as Jana's eyes train on the two. "Oh look, they're going outside" she adds but Jana doesn't do anything.

"Hey Em. What are these?" Jana holds up the papers lying on Emily's desk. Emily looks up from her computer to see what her talent was talking about.

"Those are the divorce papers" she explains.

"Oh" was all Jana could say. She was so caught up with the events she forgot about the divorce after her name's cleaned up.

"Yeah that is if you still want to go through it" Emily looks up then to see Jana's reaction. Since they've been back from Dianna's family house, their relationship has changed and Emily can see it. Her talent has fallen for the writer.

"I don't know" Jana states truthfully after contemplating whether she tells Emily the truth or lie her way out.

"Tell her how you feel" Emily advices walking out of her office leaving Jana to think her words through.

"Dianna" a man's voice surprises Dianna excusing herself from her conversation to look at her ex, Alex. "Wow. You look beautiful" Alex says awed at the sight of seeing his ex again.

"Alex hi. It's good to see you" Dianna greets pushing the awkwardness down.

"It's good to see you too" he responds "I heard you got married" he adds.

"Yeah, I think you know Jana Kuran" Dianna tells him.

"I certainly do. She's an amazing actress" the actor says sincerely. "Mind if we go outside? I wanna catch up" before Dianna could respond Alex was leading her to the balcony.

Jana, Chloe and Jake watches the two as Alex puts his jacket around Dianna's shoulders to shield the woman from the cold of the night. Jake glances at his best friend to see her reaction to the gesture only to find the woman in deep thought.

2 Days Later

Jake sees Jana lying on her back in the backyard with her headphones in her ears shutting the world, a habit he knew when Jana's having troubles. He walks to her and lies next to her before turning the music off to Jana's annoyance. She was ready to kick whoever it was when she sees Jake smiling at her.

"What is it Jake?" she asks taking out her headphones.

"I heard you turned down a movie offer set in New Zealand" Jake states bluntly turning his head to look at his best friend.

"I don't want to leave"

"That's not like you. Before you'd taken that offer to get out of this country but now" Jake trails off.

"I know. Funny how one woman turned my whole world upside down" Jana chuckles breathlessly, unknown to the two Dianna was standing by the door hearing every word they exchanged. At that moment Dianna knows what's best for the woman she fell in love with and walks to Emily's office.

"Are you sure about this?" Emily asks.

"Yes. Jana's image is clean again, I'm set to work with Tim for a new movie. Everything went as planned" Dianna explains.

"Is that really the reason Di?" Emily pushes knowing there was something else.

"I want her to chase after her dreams Em. I don't wanna hold her back" Dianna tells the older woman who sighs giving her the papers.

"I hope you're making the right decision" Emily resigns her argument and watch Dianna sign the papers before giving it back to her.

"I'll see you around Em" Dianna smiles crookedly before she walks out of the office and walks out of Jana's life.

A/N: This is the second to the last chapter. I have no idea how this went so comment? hehehe :)