Chapter II - Freak Like Me

The two had been walking for hours and it seemed like they weren't even an inch closer to their destination. Probably a result of time and distance being rather fucked in Hell, as Pandemonica put it. She didn't seem too interested in explaining further, so Y/N dropped it. As they walked, though, he had begun quietly singing songs like he would when he was alive and working that godforsaken job. His voice was soft and smooth, much like his soul. Although the soul seemed rough and certainly had the appearance of being rough around the edges, any time Pan felt herself leaning on him, he was soft. She smiled, just accepting the human's quirks as a reward of sorts for the job she had been so thanklessly slaving away at.

"And it's row me bully boys, we're in a hurry boys, we've got a long way to go~ And we'll sing and we'll dance and bid farewell to France and it's row me bully boys row~" he sang, starting another song. Pandemonica felt an obscene curiosity consuming her as she spoke up, interrupting yet another lovely song.

"Apologies for interrupting, but what drives you to sing?" she asked, hoping her words weren't misinterpreted. Y/N just rubbed the back of his head.

"Chemical workers are supposed to only be exposed to the harsh environments for so long, often timing each breath to determine how long we've got left to stay. I used songs to help myself keep track and also keep my breathing set at a specific rhythm. Why do you ask? Was I bad?" Pan immediately shook her head with more eagerness than she had meant to let on.

"Not at all. You're quite good at it. I was just curious so please, continue singing," she said, causing the human soul to smile down at her. It was like he was lighting up their surroundings with how pure he was.

(Note, this is not your appearance, it's Kusanagi Goudo from Campione!) (Double Note, unless you want it to be)

Unfortunately, purity was like a beacon for demons and one certain demon was near enough to actually feel it. In an instant, Y/N had been tackled to the floor and a woman's white hair obscured his vision before he finally was able to push her off enough to see her face. This demoness was wearing a red sweater and a black suit jacket overtop. She too had on a short skirt, however this demon seemed to at least be wearing red leggings underneath. Unfortunately, none of it was the proper size and seemed far too tight on the rather curvy demon. When he pushed her further away, he could see that she had hearts floating around her head like a weird crown. Even more so, her eyes didn't have normal pupils like Pandemonica, instead being glowing hearts.

 Even more so, her eyes didn't have normal pupils like Pandemonica, instead being glowing hearts

"You and me, now." It wasn't so much a statement or a request as it was a demand, and Y/N wasn't too keen on whatever it was she seemed to want to do with him.

"What are you- GET OFF ME! ARE YOU TRYING TO TAKE OFF MY PANTS?!" he screamed, pushing and kicking her at every opportunity.

"Modeus, get off of him. I'm escorting him to Lucifer as she is the one to deal with him. And I don't think she'd be too kind if she finds out you've forced yourself onto him. Big breasted bimbo..." she scowled. It wasn't like her to care so much, but the way Modeus was all over him irked the Tired Demon in a way that she couldn't ignore.

"A demon harem? They'll rip you to shreds! Now I have to see this." Both Pan and Y/N were stunned. No one said anything about a harem, and especially not if Pandemonica has something to say about it- which she does.

"There will be no harem for him. Lucifer won't allow it. And I have my own issues with it as well. At least let him have a say in whether he has one, let alone who's in it," she said, hating herself for those words.

"Why is it that I care so much?" she grumbled, Y/N thankfully not being able to hear her.

"Whatever, let's just get going. If even a day has passed, my roommate is probably freaking out right now about me being missing." Y/N said, intriguing both demons.

"You have a roommate? Is he huge?" Pan and Modeus asked at the same time.

"Yes and yes. He's been obsessed with the occult for the past few weeks and believes being as absolutely jacked as possible will help him have the strength he needs to open a portal to Hell or something. I'm pretty sure he's cycling too..." Y/N said, revealing a little about his weird roommate.

"What does 'cycling' have to do with muscularity?" Pan asked, not sure if he meant bicycling or something else.

"It's when you take steroids. You can't just blast them all the time otherwise it'll really fuck you up. I don't do them because I like being natural and I want no part in the risks they pose to your health," the soul explained, clearly not approving of the usage of roids. Pandemonica nodded and Modeus was immediately disinterested in his roommate.

"I hear they make your balls shrink, not a fan..." she said, causing Y/N to trip over a rock and choke on his spit simultaneously. Pandemonica began freaking out considering it was unknown what would happen if he fell into one of the spike pits and skewered himself. After all, he wasn't supposed to be there in the first place so he had quite a few protections from most of Hell, but it was so rare, the protections and resistances were relatively undocumented in Hell.

"Please, let's just go... I wanna get out of here..."