Chapter IV - Drunken Sailor

(Art credit is Mark Gibbons)

Y/N and his crew, we're calling them the crew for a bit, were getting tired of walking. Cerberus had opted to return to that adorable three-headed puppy form while Pandemonica was being carried on Y/N's back. Modeus was riding on Will's back but glared at Pan with jealous eyes. Cerberus perked up and sniffed the air all of a sudden. She jumped out of Y/N's arms and changed into her true form as the Triple Demon.

"Smell that?- Smells like berries - and vodka!" She said, each body taking on different speaking roles. It was still jarring for the ex-chemical worker to hear parts of a sentence from different positions around him. Y/N looked back at Pandemonica only to find her asleep and resting her head on his shoulder. He smiled faintly as he continued carrying her while following the now excited Cerberus.

"Hey! Wait up!" he called, realizing that the Triple Demon was getting further and further ahead. As he called out, Pan woke up while everyone began hurrying to catch up with the demon dog. She chose to walk on her own as Pandemonica was sure he was tired of carrying her.

Like an Olympic sprinter after the starting shot, Y/N launched himself further ahead than anyone and was able to tackle all three of Cerberus' bodies by grabbing onto the arms of the two on the side while hiding the middle one with a body slam. All three sat down seiza outside of a poorly maintained wooden shack with large lumps on their head and whimpered in pain. Pandemonica scowled at Cerberus and scolded her for causing trouble for the humans.

"But-" she began only for Pandemonica to cut her off.

"No 'buts'; you've been repeatedly causing trouble for and bothering my charge since you joined us. Unless you plan to be rejected and sent back to guard the gates, I suggest you clean up your act and behave yourself!" the not so Tired Demon hissed, her horns noticeably longer. Cerberus' ears drooped and she hung her head low.

"Christ, could you all shut up. I'm gaming off a massive hangover..." came a voice from inside the shack. The door opened and a Sour looking demon glared at them all. Her eyes had bags not unlike Pan, but the smell of alcohol was heavy on her breath. It was so intense Y/N could smell it from where he stood. However the mention of a game intrigued him.

 However the mention of a game intrigued him

"Game?" he asked curiously.

"What's it to you?" the demoness asked defensively.  Y/N began to stutter when William grinned.

"He's a huge nerd. If he tracked his calories half as well as he tracks his Warhammer stuff, he'd be in much better shape." Y/N glared.

"Dude! You said you wouldn't make fun of that!"

"I'm not; I'm just helping you break the ice!" Will chuckled.

(Please forgive me, I'm not familiar with the actual ttrpg of Warhammer, so I'm not going too into it. Anyone who plays and is willing to explain it to me, please do because I love the lore.)

"Shut it!" The Sour demon growled, causing both men to stiffen up. She pointed an accusatory finger at Y/N, frightening him further.

"You!... what's your current army?" she asked quietly. The smaller humans face lit up with joy.

"Custodies! I just recently finished up a Tyranid-" he began, only to be silenced.

"Not now!... We'll talk later. You said you needed some place to stay for a bit? I can lend you the couch for the night, I guess... Are you a drinker?"

"I live off of energy drinks, but I'm assuming you don't mean that..." Y/N said nervously. He hadn't had alcohol since he moved in with his friend Will, but considering that was nearly five years ago, the human was sure he was going to get roped into at least a few shots, if not way more than he could handle.

"Really? You seemed like a whiskey or bourbon kind of guy to me," Malina said, inviting the rather large group into her home.

"That was when I still lived at my parents. It's legal so long as my parents were okay with it, and it only happened in the house. Never drank much either, so I didn't have any developmental issues," Y/N said, causing the Sour Demon to chuckle.

"Fuckin' nerd..." she said, causing the human to fire back.

"Oh? I'm a nerd? That's rich coming from someone who almost immediately asked me about Warhammer," he teased, causing Will to smile. Malina glared and just waved everyone inside. It was surprisingly cozy for all present. Despite the larger number of occupants, no one other than Malina herself felt cramped but that could have more to do with a lack of a social life. Y/N spent a whole two seconds lying down on the couch before he was passed out. Pan smiled and took a seat next to him on the floor. It didn't take long for everyone else to fall asleep either, each individual having a wonderful dream. All except for Y/N.

"Where-"

"I know you're confused, darling, but you need to listen. You MUST reach the castle before it's too late!... I hope you still remember..."

Before he could learn more about what the strange voice was talking about, nearly hysterically, Y/N found himself floating in an infinite void of nothingness, his consciousness fading away into full sleep.