Chapter III - Bones (and a Sharp Dressed Man)

Y/N was singing again, much to Pandemonica's delight. Modeus wouldn't let go of his arm, however, so Pan decided she would copy the Lustful Demon and hold his arm as if they were royal dignitaries at a party. Still, they were making good progress, according to the customer service worker. After passing a cave opening, Pandemonica stopped when she noticed something irritating - even more than Modeus lusting after the Human Soul she was escorting.

"Where is Cerberus? She's supposed to be here. The gates to Hell are just through that cave yet she's nowhere to be seen..." she sighed.

"You can see into there? It just looks pitch black to me," Y/N said, confused.

"Ah, right. As a soul, not even meant to be here as well, you're not adjusted to Hell. It isn't until one becomes a demon that they can exist in Hell as a resident," Pan explained, Y/N looking very impressed.

"You sure seem to know your stuff, Pan!" he praised, causing her to flush red briefly. Adjusting her glasses, the Tired Demon regained her composure and cleared her throat.

"Yes, well, it is my job so it's nothing special..." she said, trying to shift his focus.

"Nonsense! It's very rare for someone to be as dedicated as you!" Pan merely smiled in response while Modeus fumed at the lack of attention.

"I see. Thank you for your high praise. Hopefully, I can continue to be useful as Hell's Customer Service," she said, turning away to hide her glowing blush. In an instant, it was gone as Y/N disappeared from their arms. Turning around, they saw him on the ground.

Three demons stood over him, each one had the same appearance - clothes, hair, eyes, dog ears, all of it. For once, he actually saw pants on a demon. Their demeanor was like that of a Golden Retriever or a Black Lab.

Before the demon could speak, Y/N began compulsively petting two of them and scratching behind their ears

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Before the demon could speak, Y/N began compulsively petting two of them and scratching behind their ears. All of them reacted intensely, almost moaning at the experience.

"Well, it seems you have Cerberus under control. I'm impressed; this has got to be a record," Pan said, mildly irritated. It seemed to be a recurring experience for the Tired Demon, as she clicked her pen repeatedly to calm down. However, her words brought on wonderous surprise as he turned to her.

"WAIT, THIS IS CERBERUS?! DOES THAT MEAN SHE CAN TURN INTO A DOG?!" the human soul asked excitedly. The Triple Demon took that as her (their?) que to transform in a puff of smoke, becoming a white, three-headed dog. Y/N's expression was pure joy. Now it had become clear to both Modeus and Pandemonica why Lucifer wanted him. And they wanted a piece as well.

"OH MY GOD! SO CUTE!!" the Human Soul squealed excitedly, eagerly petting Cerberus. The dog seemed to be perfectly content with its current situation and yipped happily.

"I'm taking her with me and neither of you can stop me." Pan just smiled and nodded.

"I understand. If you have a soft spot for animals, there's nothing I can do to dissuade you." Almost instantly, Y/N had a look of realization.

"Cerberus, when we get back, I need you to play nice with Albert Whiskers. He is my cat and I want no fighting between you, am I clear?" Y/N asked Cerberus. The dog rapidly nodded her heads in response, seeming completely under the Human Soul's control. Pandemonica simply smiled, at least glad to be the first one to meet such an interesting individual.

After several more hours of walking, Cerberus perked up, turning back into the Triple Demon. Y/N was surprised, barely able to remain standing as the three demon bodies pushed his strength to its limits.

"I smell vodka and berries ahead! And... someone that kinda smells like Master..." That was when a big burly man wearing a white suit with a red button up began making his way over, speeding up as he spotted Y/N and his (secret) harem of Sharply Dressed Demon Girls™.

" That was when a big burly man wearing a white suit with a red button up began making his way over, speeding up as he spotted Y/N and his (secret) harem of Sharply Dressed Demon Girls™

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

(https://twitter.com/knicholas_823/status/1277698753135247364)

"HEY! I'M LOOKING FOR SOMEONE! MAYBE YOU'VE SEEN HIM!" the man shouted from afar. Once he got closer, the man's round sunglasses nearly slipped off of his face when he saw Y/N.

"Uh, hey, roomie," he said awkwardly. After a few minutes of starring, the burly man just lost his mind.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?! I WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU?! DID YOU DIE?! WHY ARE YOU IN HELL?!" The man shouted, hugging him tightly.

"Urk! Uh- can't- need- air..." Y/N gasped, trying to breathe. The behemoth human let go and held the shoulders of the Soul.

"So what happened? It's been almost three days since you vanished, and I was already freaking out after the second day," the man said. Y/N smiled and hugged the man.

"Glad to know you care, Will. But I think I died from cyanide inhalation. Didn't have enough filters and the door to our little safe area was locked. No one could get in. Hopefully no one else died and I get to punch that asshole for killing me. Before or after I sue him into oblivion, either works for me."