The Winter King

"Worry not friends," someone says with a boisterous laugh, "you're safe now."

It was a man a top a giant penguin, wearing the exact crown we need, his skin blue, his glasses thin yet slightly frosted over and his hair came just below his collar bone. Fionna blushed as she stared at him, infatuated immediately.

"The rascal is frozen inside my inescapable magic ice." The blue man states as the penguin waddles over to us and sets the royal down to our level.

Simon stares intently for a moment, two ice looking guards approaching us as well, before realization strikes.

"You?" Simon asks.

"...you!" The gentleman says back in shock.

"Blue blazes!" He then exclaims, placing his hands on his hips in excitement with a large grin plastered to his cheeks.

"You're a Simon." My Simon mentions, adjusting his glasses to get a better look at his counterpart.

"In this world I'm known as the Winter King." The man replies, also adjusting his glasses.

They mirrored each other almost entirely but something felt... off to me.

Cake yoinks the stinkin' crown off of the Winter King's head and tries to run away with it, urging us to come along with her. I immediately put my palm to my face at her actions, embarrassed by the theft.

She is quickly brought back to us however, by some really monster cyclopse dudes covered in snowy garments. This place reminded me so much of Christmas. It was kind of beautiful, I had to admit.

"Cake didn't mean any harm." Fionna says, taking her cat back from the buff cyclopse men. 

"A cat named Cake?" Winter King laughs,

"Outrageous!"

"And what is your name, fair lady?" Winter King asks her.

"I'm Fionna." She smiles warmly at him.

"And how about you?" He says, taking my hand in his and giving a tender kiss to my knuckles.

I pull away immediately and rub my hand of his lips.

"Maeve." I reply flatly.

"Maeve..." he swoons.

I took a small step back toward Simon. I then felt Simon's hand on my arm as he smiled at me, giving me comfort in the uncertainty. Could my face read that well right now? Winter King is being kind of a weirdo.

"Uh, the reason we need this crown is to transform Simon." Fionna says, looking down at the treasure that still laid in Cakes hands. Paws? Hands.

Simon slips again, his feet bare on the ice, as he slowly slides only a few feet away from me and the rest of the group.

"Our world depends on him becoming cursed and magical again." The blonde girl claims, bringing the crown back, still in the cats hands. Paws? Hands.

"Is this true, fellow Petrikov?" Winter King suggests to Simon.

"Yeah, I need to get my powers back..." Simon sighs heavily, using the iced out Scarab to stop himself from getting any further away from us.

"I understand your plight. While you can't take my crown I believe I can find a solution." Winter King says while placing his pointy golden head piece back onto his noggin.

"This is going to sound nuts, but I think I've been dreaming about you." Fionna smiles up to the Winter King.

He laughs, telling her he wouldn't be surprised because,