Chapter 1: The first day

Ashlyn Banner twirled in her room, practicing her dances. She sighed in exasperation, she really wasn't looking forward to school. People were too much for her, and outside of her parents and her brother she didn't like interacting with people too much and avoided it when she could. She paused when she heard a knock on her door.
"Hey trooper—" Mike started, but paused when Ashlyn tripped over her feet, holding back a laugh.
"What do you want?" Ashlyn asked, holding her head in pain.
"Oh yeah—the bus is down the street." Mike said. Ashlyn paused.
"CRAP IM NOT READY!" Ashlyn yelled, panicked.
Mike smirked. "theres coffee on the counter if you want it."
Ashlyn ran to get ready, running out of her room and almost toppling over her brother, logan, who was also running to get ready.
"bye mom!" Ashlyn and Logan said in unison as they ran past Emma, who was also late.
"Have a good day!"
Ashlyn and logan ran outside, just as the bus stopped in front of their house.
"of course its loud." Ashlyn thought to herself.
"ah, are they new?" Logan asked.
"hm?" Ashlyn saidnas she looked up. To her despair, two new kids sat in the seat right behind her and Logans seat. A blonde boy with curly hair and red eyes, and a tall boy with short brown hair. The blonde haired boy glanced at ashlyn.
"We made eye contact." Ashlyn thought. "Dont talk to me dont talk to me dont talk to me dont talk to me."
"hi." the blonde boy said, as logan and ashlyn sat down, scaring the crap out of them both.
"GAH!" Ashlyn yelled, falling backwards on her seat.
"Is that your guys house? What's up with the whole bus graveyard thing?" The blonde boy asked.
"I-it's a junkyard with used busses." Ashlyn said, startled.
"That's it?"
"Yeah?"
"We'll that's disappointing. I was hoping for more paranormal jazz." The boy sat back down properly.
Ashlyn glanced at Logan, who shrugged. Assuming the conversation was over, Ashlyn reached for her phone and Logan reached for his book.
"So anyways—" the boy said, to the despair of Ashlyn.
"I'm Aiden Clark, and that's my cousin Ben. We just moved here a week ago from Virginia, can't remember what town it was though. Oh hey! We only live a few houses down from you! We should hang out more often since we live so close."
"No. No way. I need to stop this disaster." Ashlyn thought as she put her hand up.
"Sorry, nothing personal but I'm a bit tired and not in a conversation mood right now."
"What about your brother then?" Aiden asked. Logan tensed a little.
"Oh um—" he started.
"Oh I get it!" Aiden said, cutting him off. "Your both just shy, right? It's alright, I'm good at talking. So it'll be fine."
"I'm not the shy one." Ashlyn thought, glancing at Logan. Logan shared a look with her and Ashlyn shrugged, not knowing what to do.
The rest of the ride was spent with Aiden talking, and Ashlyn was sick of it. Logan kept replying nicely, but Ashlyn could tell he just wanted to be left alone to read.I
By the time they got to school, Ashlyn was already questioning how to escape.
"We'll this is a small school," Aiden said as they walked down the hallway.
"Y-yeah it's um it's p-pretty small." Logan said.
"Logan stop interacting!" Ashlyn thought to herself.
Ben grabbed Aidens backpack and pointed to the office. Ashlyn saw this as her chance, grabbed her brothers hand, and booked it silently down the hallway.
The two sighed with relief once they were finally away from the stranger duo.