Chapter Four: Unwelcome

Logan sat at the dinner table awkwardly as his parents made small take with Aidens parents. He fiddled with his fingers—a nervous habit of his. He glanced back up at Aiden, who just smiled at him. Ashlyn had gone to the bathroom—so he was left alone with these people.
Logan perked up when he saw Ashlyn come back to the table. She sat down next to him and glared at Aiden.
"So sorry for coming on such short notice." Aidens Dad, or Mr.Clark as Logan had unofficially dubbed him for now, said. "Aiden told us that he, Ben, and your daughter and son have been FAST FRIENDS, and so we wanted to come introduce ourselves—"
"*COUGH*"
"Oh my—are you two alright?"
"Y-yeah, sorry!" Emma said, wheezing.
"Don't mind us, carry on." Mike said.
Logan laughed a little at his parents. Ashlyn kicked him under the table with a look that said—don't. It'll only motivate Aiden. Logan shut up real quick.
"As a was saying, we're happy to see Aiden and Benny fitting in. We move around a lot so Aidens always been homeschooled, and It's been awhile since Ben's been back to public school."
"Oh that's exciting! Are you guys having fun?" Mike asked, looking at the boys. Aiden nodded.
"Mhm, especially with the field trip coming up."

Logan and Ashlyn tensed and shared a look. Was he going to do what they thought he was going to do?

"Field trip?" Mike asked.
"Ohndont you know? The kids have a group project about Savannah. Their teacher planned a overnight trip to go with it as well."
Mike and Emma shared a look as Ashlyn and Logan shrank in on themselves.

When it was time for them to leave, Aiden handed Ashlyn and Logan permission slips. "in case you want to go." Aiden said waving to the Banners. "it was nice meeting you Mrs. And Mr. Banner."
The family waved back, and Emma flopped on thr couch as soon as they got back inside. Mike sat down on the couch next to Logan.
"Well they were nice," Mike said, and Logan nodded his head in agreement.
"I thought it was never going to end.." Emma complained. Ashlyn nodded, agreeing with her mom.
"I dunno about you guys, but Imma get ready for bed." Ashlyn said, getting up off of the couch and walking to her room. Mike looked at the permisson slip before following her. Logan fiddled eoth his fingers--A nervous habit of his.
"Hey, why didn't you tell us about the Field trip?" Emma asked.
"I didn't think it was important," Logan said, trying to avoid this conversation.
Emma frowned. "Look Logan, I won't push for the reason why you didn't tell us, but if you want to go, you should go."
Emma got up and kissed her son one the head. Logan smiled at his mom. "Thanks mom. I'm going to go up to my room now,"
Logan got up and went to his room, passing by Ashlyn's room where he saw Mike talking to her. He smiled as he went into his room. He flopped on his bed and looked at the permission slip—he wanted to go, but he didn't want to go without his sister.
He sighed.
Time to convince Ashlyn.