✧|Prologue|✧

Finney's pov

-

I did it.

I escaped that horrible hell of a basement.

So why does it feel like I'm dead? I feel so terrible about everything, but I should be relieved.

I stood there, frozen, in the flower field I had just woke up in.

Wait, what? Flower field? No, that's impossible. I went to sleep in my bed.

I looked down at my feet. I saw my pajama pants and my feet that were being surrounded by gorgeous flowers.

Tulips, daisys, sunflowers, roses, you name it. They were all on the ground, giving a surreal feeling. I felt the warm autumn weather on my skin with the sun rays shining down on me.

'What am I doing here?' I questioned myself.

"Finney..." I heard a soft, angelic voice that made my head snap up, and I saw her.

My mother.

The one that had killed herself when I was only 9.

"Mom...?" I wanted to hug her. Tell her I miss her. But I couldn't. I couldn't move. All I could do was stand still and let tears slide down my cheeks at the sight of my mother.

She wasn't as bloody as I remembered. Not even close. She was gorgeous. Her long brown hair flowed down her back and ended just above her waist with curls at the end. Her hazel eyes shone in the daylight, and she was wearing a white, long, silky gown with intricate designs on it. She seemed faded. Not whole, like normal people.

She slowly walked over to me and placed her hand on my cheek. Her hand was warm and soft, and I couldn't help but lean into her touch.

"I missed you, sweetheart." She whispered out. "My little dove..."

That nickname. The one she would call me all the time as a child.

"What am I doing here..?" I hesitantly asked.

"Oh honey... you felt so guilty. I had to help you. I want you to feel happiness instead of sorrow." She sadly smiled at me.

"I'm giving you a second chance. I have enough faith that you'll be able to save them...all five of them."

My eyes widened. "What?"

She put her hand down and began speaking. "Dove. When I got to heaven, I was placed in one of the highest ranks. I became a guardian, and guardians are able to interfere with the timeline only 3 times. I'm using one of those times to help you feel happy again. Help you save the boys."

I couldn't speak. I opened my mouth, and nothing came out.

"I love you so much. And I'm so sorry that I have to go again." She paused before continuing. "I'm running out of time. Don't ever forget that I'm watching out for you, and I love you dearly."

A sob escaped my mouth, and I nodded. "I love you too, mom..." I choked out.

"I know, baby..." She smiled at me and kissed my forehead lightly. "I know..."

My mother slowly faded into nothing but flowers, and tears escaped my eyes like rivers.

I slowly felt myself fade, too. But not the same way. With every part of me that turned to petals, the more dizzy I became.

Slowly, I lost consciousness, becoming completely unaware of anything but the soft flowers below me.

-

543 words

I hope you guys are excited for this book. I want to work hard on it to make it as good as possible (⌒▽⌒)

✧⋆⭒˚。⋆I hope you'll stay tuned for the next chapter!!✧⋆⭒˚。⋆