chapter 20

Tuesday, June 1st

We have been back at school for a while now. With exams and everything, stress levels are high but not for me, I know I've got this.

Anyway, I attend my last lecture for the day and I head out. I get to res and make a peanut butter and jam sandwich. I have to go grocery shopping, there's literally nothing here.

After having my sandwich, I have a cup of tea while scrolling on socials and I receive a notification...

Kgotso: come outside.

I run out and find him standing and leaning on his G-Wagon. I love this man's cars but not as much as I do him.

Kgotso: hey, babe.

He says as I walk closer to him while blushing. My man is so handsome and he looks absolutely scrumptious.

Kgotso: do you maybe want to go bowling?

I nod with a smile on my face. I then grab his hand and we walk up together. He watches me change. I'm wearing a black bodysuit and black sweatpants, along with a black cropped puffer. I have butterfly locs so I style them nicely and we head downstairs, hand in hand.

Our outfits are slightly matching because he is wearing a Nike winter set and we are both wearing white air forces.

Anyway, we get to the bowling alley and honestly? I am having the time of my life. From the bowling alley, we go to this other ice skating place.

He helps me put on my skates and we skating rink together. We skate while holding hands. He then moves to the back of me and holds my waist while we both skate.

He whispers something in my ear...

Kgotso: I love you.

In that moment, I lose focus and fall and sprain my ankle.

Kgotso: Nandi.

He says as his face goes from happy to serious in an instant. He picks me up and places me on one of the chair. He then changes into his shoes, takes mine in his hands and carries me on his back.

Me: I love you too.

We get to the car and he places me in the passenger seat. He throws my sneakers in the back and he gets in and starts driving.

After a while, we get to a hospital.

Me: you're so dramatic.
Kgotso: you sprained your ankle.
Me: oh wow and that's the end of the world, right?

I say laughing at him.

Me: come on, dude. just take me to res, I will be perfectly fine.
Kgotso: no.

We go inside and they treat my sprained ankles. They bandage and prescribe some medication. It is now 21:15 and most pharmacies are closed at this time.

Doc: most pharmacies are closed right now so I would advise that you just give her some Panado for the pain.

My ankle is painful, I won't even lie.

Kgotso: alright. thanks, Mkhize.
Doc: anytime, Mokoena.

These two have been speaking like they are friends since we got here.

Anyway, Kgotso being his dramatic self, carries me all the way to the car. We get to his house and he carries me inside.

He orders us some food and I take the Panados after eating.